EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Ochibi

Please help me get better.

I'm generally good at tower defense games, and back in version 3.0 I was mediocre-ish at Normal Mode if I abused a lot of different slowing towers. After a long period without any free time to play games, I started playing 4.0, and I couldn't even beat Very Easy any more. Just now, I finally managed to barely beat Very Easy mode.

I was wondering what I should do to improve. This is my current playstyle:

W N L W N L W N L F F

First few levels, 1 super cannon tower. Sell immediately after each round.

Next few levels, 2 super cannon towers. Sell immediately after each round.

When I have 275 gold, build an amplified water tower. I should have 100 left.

"Level x 100" is always left unspent. Always.

Build a Nature tower.

Build a Well tower.

Turn the Amp Water into an Ice Tower, then after Level 15, turn it into a Tidal Tower.

Continue to build Well/Spring/Waterfall towers and Tidal/Tsunami towers until late game, but only when needed.

Build 1 Supernova tower. Build 1 Monsoon tower.

Build 2 Pure Light towers, and then 2 Velocity towers.

Make sure each Tsunami, Pure Light, and Velocity tower has its own personal Waterfall tower. That way, they can all be buffed right away without having to wait for cooldown.

The attached image is a grid showing what towers I have where by the time I reach the Ronald levels. I forgot to save a replay, and I don't have time to play another round at the moment. Maybe next week or something, when I don't have a test to study for. I suppose I should thank Cisz for the grid itself? I just borrowed it off of his old old tutorial and made a few cleanups and added the tower icons.

I'll probably check back here tonight. Got classes and such.

post-1506-1264785223_thumb.png

Hi, I can already say that the buff of the well towers lasts 60s and has a 15s (or so) cooldown so you don't need so many of them. You can cast the buff yourself on your towers before each round if you are preoccupied that they won't all get it.

One of the things I'm struggling with at the moment is managing each tower individually. I started off manually casting Spring Forward and Douse, but as I built more and more, I switched them to autocast.

Im playing the same element combination in alsmost the same order as You (but LNW LNW LNW FF), and I managed VH mode with it.

I think the main difference in our styles is that I build life towers (and life catchers) early, and build only one or two tidals to deal with undead and fire waves. I think the starting order was light tower - life tower - 2nd life tower - tidal tower - well tower. I manage tidal manually at first, but switch to autocast later. Wells are always on autocast.

In late midgame, I have two tidals and a waterfall in the center, and 4 life catchers and another waterfall on the right side. Later on I build one each of Supernova and one Monsoon and 2 pure light towers in the center, and add some more life catchers and slowtowers for Ronald Mode (72 kills on VH)

Hmm... I forgot the exact numbers, but I know many versions ago, life towers did very little damage, which is why I never really liked them. I could have a dozen fully upgraded Life towers and they wouldn't be able to kill a single level fifty something creep. I think that was around version 3.0 or something though. Ever since then, I preferred to just do as much damage in as short period of time as I could. That's why I usually either go Tsunami-Waterfall or Fanatic-Foundry build, unless it's random.

The purpose of the life towers is not killing lvl 50+ creeps, but to refill your life after random leaks and to get a comfortable life buffer for the endgame. Of course, in the late game, You will need more damage towers like triples and pures. As leaks arent as bad with life towers, you can also farm more interest since you dont need to kill everything off on the first run.

Except that in a fully competitve VH game, you'll be rushed out by then. So don't rely on life towers..kill as fast as possible while farming the interest well..

I was assuming he played single player since he wrote about beating easy mode and not about defeating other players.

Sign in to follow this