EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mellody

Ronald kills

Hi guys, I'm new to this game and learning. I'm still playing normal difficulty and I try to kill as much ronalds as possible. My best shot is around 160

(4.2b) as you can see in the replay. I have no favourite builds and this one happened to work fine. During the whole game I spend as little money as possible and use it in the lasts rounds.

Any advice how to beat this?

Ronald kills.w3g

During the whole game I spend as little money as possible and use it in the lasts rounds.

I did not get a chance to watch the replay so if you didn't do this then simply ignore this tip.

You are absolutely right in your strategy. I just felt I would point out that it should never be done at the expense of lives. From my own experience I have leaked countless times because I was trying to build the bare minimum possible. The interest gained at any particular tick is not worth a life or more.

Yeah I lose 10 lives right at the beginning because of that :(

So maybe I should build some life towers in the early game?

thanks for the advice anyway

If you want, consider replaying the build in VH difficulty to find out some of the weaknesses.. What works in lower difficulties might not always work in harder difficulties.

Not too bad play but some tower placement could be improved slightly, such as the pure light. What you might want to consider is whether you have sufficient cover for your elemental weakness. Fire damage to cover the gold tower's earth damage etc. It is generally not a good idea to focus too much on any elemental damage type.

To have more gold, try starting with $$ or even $$$.. It does require good micro to farm the interest well.

The early leaks could be prevented by building (elemental) cannons (the wave is undead) which sell for 100%. You can build them just after the interest and sell just before the next interest for no loss of gold.

Thanks a lot! I'll try it.

To have more gold, try starting with $$ or even $$$.. It does require good micro to farm the interest well.

$ means +interest ? Should I do it in a full length game?

If I can beat all waves with 100% life, can you think of another tower type/ combination (placement?) that would be more effective against ronalds? In the replay I mainly use atom towers and pure light to deal damage; forge as "buff"; incantation, supernova and voodoo and as "debuff" (I'm probably not using a good terminology but I hope you understand what I mean ;)).

$ means +interest ? Should I do it in a full length game?

Yes. It is even stronger in a full length game. Even in the tournament FDS, farming the interest well, starting with $$ or even $$$ while minimising leaks and maintaining a moderate to fast kill is key to winning.

If I can beat all waves with 100% life, can you think of another tower type/ combination (placement?) that would be more effective against ronalds? In the replay I mainly use atom towers and pure light to deal damage; forge as "buff"; incantation, supernova and voodoo and as "debuff" (I'm probably not using a good terminology but I hope you understand what I mean ;)).

One of the 'classic' builds include the 3-element $$DEF (magic, flamethrower, blacksmith). You could also try impulse/zealot+well/blacksmith or laser+trickery. Voodoo+polar also works quite well (the hp reduction from voodoo counts towards the damage for voodoo's ability). Add enchantment if available. For the ronald hunt, slow is not as useful. You want the ronalds to be spaced out, giving the single target towers time to take out individual ones.

Use the strong single-target towers, together with tier3 support duals, usually well and/or blacksmith (rememeber to include some splash for undead waves).

Thanks a lot. I'm trying the different combination you suggested and I'll post a new replay as soon as I beat my actual score.

If anyone has a replay with more ronald kills I would be very interested to see it :D

I just beat my score with 210 kills. The build is however very similar to the previous one and so is the replay :P This time instead of LEFN I use LEFW. It seems that slow + quark towers is very effective against ronalds.

This time I've been careful to reach the final round without losing a single life. I still feel the strategy can be optimized.

Here is the replay if you are interested 210 ronalds normal.w3g

Sign in to follow this