EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ryukira

Composite element

Guest Ryukira

Hmm, i just had a acupuncture and got this lovely idea for a composite element, not like one of the normal elements but more like a pure essence.

Thiss essence would only ge avaliable when you get lvl 1 of all the elements and would give you he posibility to level the arrow/cannon tower further.

So basiclly the super arrow tower would become amplified->focues->refined->pure, this would probably only be even sligtly usable for the cannon tower but think of the gretaness of a pure composite tower, since the aoe and the speed of the cannon tower isnt all that impressive it wouldnt be that imba either

Arrow

amplified dmg: 2430

focused dmg: 12150

refined dmg: 60750

pure dmg: 607500 (omg thats alot of dmg, however its single target and doesnt have long range, which means that without ridiculous amounts of slow this would be completely useless)

Cannon

amplified dmg: 1215

focused dmg: 6075

refined dmg: 30375

pure dmg: 303750

Guest Ryukira

Ok i reached max post leght so here goes the double-post

Anyways the cannon towers dmg would be ehm, well unbelievebly high so there would probably need ot be a neft in how much the damage is amplified, but if you count in teh fact that you will give up the ability of getting as many 3-element lvl2 towers by taking a pick in all elements there should be some kind of advantage by sacrificing damage and slowing capability to gain diversity.

Now feel free to axe this idea but its the least random ive contributed with this far.

Guest mrchak

Don't you think there's something contradictory of a pure composite tower? It's an oxymoron.

All logic aside, I would want to point out that currently the arrow and cannon towers increase in strength by about 3x each upgrade, not 5x

Secondly, 600k damage is not completely useless without slow. Placed well it would attack about half of the units on the first pass and half on the second pass, 600k is enough to kill everything up to level 58 (bearing in mind it will do 90% damage to all units, and 100% to the little children - unless I'm forgetting something). Fast units would be an exception, you would need slow to get them all dead.

But above all else, I kindof see this as un-necessary... I think there's enough variation and strategy in the elemental towers to avoid touching any of the arrow/cannon towers after level 20 or so. I also think that it doesn't make sense for you to require elemental essence to put into a strictly non-elemental tower.

interesting idea though, I'm curious to see what other people think.

Guest Sancdar

Just like with the suggestion for another level of elemental cannon/arrow, I think this is a terrible idea.

If you want to do something with pures and you have all 6 elements, build a Periodic.

Guest Ryukira

Sancdar: link to your way of getting periodic to wok, please. and yeah i know i was far off there, as said i got the idea while getting acupuncture (which feels quite alot like i imagine being high feels like) so reading it the day after i curse my wicked mind and kindly ask for this thread to be removed befor i feel too violated by my own stupidity.

And on the point of the 2nd elemental arrow/cannon upgrade i agree thats rubbish, this was kind my attempt to have a idea spaning fom that without the 100% sellprice. However i failed, badly

Guest mrchak

This is your brain... this is your brain on accupuncture.

Any questions? (if you didn't watch American TV in the 80s, you won't know what I'm talking about)

Guest Sancdar

Periodics aren't really for use if you're playing pick, since there are far better routes you can go. However, if you're randoming and you don't get a good level 3 element (Nature, Dark, or Light) for a pure, there's nothing wrong with Periodics. They put out decent damage and you'll be selling them for full. On any later level you expect to have trouble with, keep them around on the previous one to build up mana for the elemental switch.

Guest Ryukira
This is your brain... this is your brain on accupuncture.

Any questions? (if you didn't watch American TV in the 80s, you won't know what I'm talking about)

Never seen or heard of, however i think its clear to say you can appreciate the diffrence tho.

Sign in to follow this