EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Ice Towers

There is a balance problem present here in my opinion. When you upgrade these towers, all you get is AoE increase and damage increase. The slow stays at a steady 25%, unlike essentially all other towers where the ability improves.

Is this a balance problem? Does something need to be done to make this tower worth upgrading?

Discuss

Guest Sancdar

Level 2 is way more useful than level 1, level 3 is less useful than level 2. So...yeah, needs a change.

Isn't the slow currently 33%?

Guest Sancdar

How about this: the slowing strength increases every time you level it up. Additionally, you can set the tower to have 1 of 3 AoEs, with damage and slow changed accordingly. So, you could have an effective single-target slow, a moderately-effective "regular" AoE slow, or a somewhat weak wide-angle AoE slow. I suppose they'd have to not stack, whatever was the highest slow on the creep taking precedence.

Guest Ryukira

Wouldnt that make you able to slow the shit out of creeps with 2 ice towers?

first you have a wide angle weak slow that simply makes the mob a bit more dense and then a medium size that slows that mob down by a higher percent? I might have misunderstood your suggestion tho since I dont understand the meaning of the last word, however the weakest version of ice slow would have to go over the other two, dont know if its possible to code that in a way so that other slow towers arent effected by this priority.

Guest Sancdar

Precedence --> the large AoE small slow would affect all its creeps, but the ones in the medium AoE medium slow would be slowed by medium instead of small. It's actually really easy to code.

"I can se your house BURNING"

If you wan't a simple slow with an AoE without any triggers,

Youst use the troll bat riders liquid oil ability, and then add a buff to make it look similar to ice.

((It worked on my map pretty god)But I acctually havent tried changing the buff to the tower yet.)

Sign in to follow this