EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
jolin012

[4.0]Tooltip fixed

Tooltips that IMO are not perfect (and suggestions, but feel free to disagree with me).

Roots, "take 450 damage a second" -> "take 450 damage per second" it's more formal, right? at least per is whats' used on everything else.

Flamethrower "If a unit is killed after being recently (1.98 seconds) damaged by this tower, it is incinerated, causing 2000 damage to all enemies in a 250 AoE." -> "Covers units in Napalm, causing units that die within 2 seconds to incernate, dealing 2000 damage in a 250 AoE." ppl won't care if it sais 2 instead of 1.98. it's only annoying, and I can't count milliseconds in my head.

Corrosion "Spews acid at a target, splashing a powerful acid on units in 250 AoE. Decreases armor by 2; deals 500 damage per second. Lasts 5 seconds." "spew acid, splashing a powerful acid" doens't look great imo. maybe something like this: "Spew acid at target, and any other units within a 250 AoE. Decreases armor by 2 and deals 500 Damage per second."

Polar "Bites enemies with bitter coldness, taking away 7% of current HP. Damage done during this time is amplified by 3.5%. Lasts 5 seconds."

I like the "bite enemies with bitter coldness" part :D but the effect is unclear imo. Lasts 5 sec... - what lasts 5 sec? is hp given back? yes it is, and players should be allowed to know that :) dunno, maybe something like "Bites enemies with bitter coldness, temporarily taking away 7% of it's current HP. Damage done during this time is amplified by 3.5%. Lasts 15 seconds."

BTW - polar says 5 sec on site - it is 15 sec in reality.

Vapor "Scalds nearby enemy units for 150 points of damage per attack to units within 700 AoE.Damage from multiple towers stack." This one has "to units" twice in the same sentance Also towers that mean within an X AoE of the tower should announce that since most towers cause maybe a 250 AoE around the targeted unit. Perhaps something like: "Scalds all units within a 700 AoE of the tower for 150 damage per attack." hmm... is it possible to say within 700 AoE of the tower? or is within 700 range of the tower or within a 700AoE around the tower, more proper?

Drowning "Gives a chance to kill attacked creeps. Chance to kill is Damage Dealt/Current HP." This one is pretty unclear. what is damage dealt? total damage dealt to creep would be what it sounds like. And current hp of what? of the tower? :P to make thinks sound more simple how about: "Gives a chance to kill attacked creep. Chance to kill is equal to (This) Tower's Damage/Creep's Current HP."

Wile were at it impulse tower and laser is more harder at the first look to understand. Even more harder to understand then drowning.

Sign in to follow this