EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Wall Tower

As taken from suggestions forum:

- Tower that 'blocks' the path by casting a giant wall or summons a giant unit (I think the wall is way more badass)

I think it could make for an interesting spin. We have single target disables, single target slows (perhaps...), and AoE slows. The game has not a single AoE disable at the moment. Perhaps, this could be it?

Thoughts?

Sounds to strong. Stronger than an aoe slow imo.

Guest mrchak

Remember the mammoth that used to cast slam, and do an AOE disable? It was too easy to mass them and cause the enemies to just STOP 100%. It was changed to an AOE slow and much to the improvement of the gameplay and balance I would add.

So I say no, don't have AOE slow - been there, done that, it didn't work. No need to repeat our mistakes.

Guest Issunboshi

heh looks like my idea got squished.

ah, maybe it'll just block part of the path rather than the whole thing..

sorry, i just really like my idea haha

Guest mrchak

In a TD where you maze it would work well, and maybe theres a way to make it work in Element TD... but none comes to mind.

Guest Ryukira

only thing i could think of to change that idea, or well it was only influenced by it would be to create soem sort of time rip at the taget location that will send the creeps that pass trough it either to the "edge" of the towers range, thus making teh creep either end up 350range further back or 250 further forward (if it is a 700 range tower). Problem with this tho would be it u microed well enough and put the "rip" 700 range from ur tower it would send creeps back 700 range each time thus removing teh randomness of the tower and maybe make it unbalanced, how ever id love to test a tower like that.

Guest kokuril

If that tower summon giant unit - Giant unit don't block creep but use it's fist to punch creep so creep dizzy and creep speed down when pass that giant unit

Consider that Gem at this point, if you focus on one unit, WILL completely stop it. You have to make this AOE disable slow enough so that we ALMOST certainly will not completely stop it.

Guest Sancdar

Er...almost certainly? In a game where you can have as many of any individual tower as you want for the most part, something like this just doesn't work very well.

Sign in to follow this