EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Koockaburra101

Some tips for a newbie?

Guest Koockaburra101

Here's a replay of me playing (It's on very easy):

EleTDtest.w3g

It's not my best game but it'll give you a pretty good idea of how I play.

I can get through it pretty well on this difficulty, but I have a feeling my method won't work on harder difficulties. So I'd really appreciate it if someone with more experience could give me some tips on how to improve.

Feel free to tell me I suck btw ;)

You are good, in fact you are to good to play on very easy.

You make some smaller mistakes, but unless you make them in a replay on at least normal difficulty, I refuse to teach you anything. :P

Guest Koockaburra101

Really? :blink:

So...I should post another one on normal or what? :P

Guest Koockaburra101

Well okay then, here's my first attempt at normal difficulty:

EleTD2.w3g

Only got to level 43 this time, and made some really stupid mistakes <_<

Ok, much better. Now I'll try to help. :) I have three suggestions and a concept for you.

1 - I would summon lv2 elements later. I'd go for interest at wave 20 instead. I would say, the eles are not needed that early, and you have a hard time killing them.

2 - I place light towers (as any tower with 1500 range) in the middle of the map (around where your steam/vapor is). They can reach all outer lanes that way. Try it, it's a difference.

3 - I would get monsoon sooner.

And a concept: Damage types. You are aware how the 6 elemental damage types work? If not, please ask, and I'll explain the basics; for now I assume you know what I am talking about.

If you build towers, you get weaknesses. I don't see towers as sollutions to a wave, who cares if one wave is easy. It's the hard waves that kill me. You have a lot of light dmg, so you get a weakness vs earth. Guess which wave killed you. :) And you have loads of fire, so water is bad for you. You leak 24 (water mech), 30 (earth undead), 36 (water), lots of 41 (water undead), and ofc 43 (healing earth). You leak others too, but barely.

So as my new concept: Treat every dmg type as a weakness. You build fire dmg? You have to find a sollution for water waves. You want light? How do you cover against earth. To fully cover a build, you need all 3 of the two subsets f-d-e or w-l-n. Your build only has wlf, so you can't cover every weakness. I suggest you either add nature to your build, or try for an incomplete cover with water as your main damage and some light against dark waves. This will leave you weak vs earth, but only a bit, as your main dmg is water. Try 3 parts water and 1 part light.

Does this make sense to you? Ask if not. Next replay pls. :)

Guest Koockaburra101

Makes total sense, thanks man :)

I'll try again tomorrow and post a new replay (Have to got to bed now :P )

Guest M45T3R

check out my youtube channel for a guide on VH: www.youtube.com/lolchickenpie

Guest Koockaburra101

I tried again with nature instead of fire, and it didn't turn out to well. Only got to level 41 this time <_<

EleTD3.w3g

Yes, understandable, we misunderstood each others. I meant "add", not "instead of". 3-ele-builds, though sometimes possible, are not the way to play eletd. Go for lwfn. :)

And I guess you don't know the secret to tidal: It charges an extra attack that can hit everything within it's range, but you have to manually fire that one.

Guest Koockaburra101

Oh :unsure:

Damnit I'm stupid :P

I guess I'll try again.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out :)

Sign in to follow this