EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest lumber_of_the_beast

Variant on Random: Double/More Frequent Lumber?

Are these dumb ideas?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest lumber_of_the_beast

Just a couple ideas I had to make Random more interesting. Every 5 levels, you'd get two randomly spent Lumber instead of one. I guess Elementals would have reduced health or something to compensate for the fact that you'd be killing two most of the time.

While that's probably downright silly (22 lumber! Madness!), I figured that maybe getting lumber every 4 rounds (15) wouldn't be, and may even give you an incentive to pick random for the extra 4 lumber over standard pick. I know I'd have a tough time choosing.

Guest Sancdar

The problem with extra lumber is that it leads to a generic build, because all towers are likely to be open to you, or at least most of them at maximum level. The point of random is that while you can resell towers, you get forced into weird builds sometimes.

On top of this, your suggestion would make the map easier. After one year of strategy developement and practice the better players are demanding a harder map. So maybe the real question is: How can you improve your rnd game. :wink:

Offtopic: Your nick is great. :)

Guest mrchak

Double lumber is too much, I think. I also think 1 per 5 levels works very nicely, and I agree that it would also throw off a lot of strategy and make the map much easier and more generic.

What I would think could work is that some of these extra lumbers being used specifically for interest.

I think what makes the game unique is that its not possible to build EVERY tower, you only get a certain group of them, thats what makes the strategy so important. If you got 22 lumber in the game, that would be enough to have all elements maxxed out and some interest to spare.

Sign in to follow this