EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
sherman555

b21 stuff

Playing the Beta 21 version for about a week now...

PROS:

A lot of effort has been given to rebalance the towers.

Map graphics have been improved.

Still feels alot like the older TD map, the original game has not been lost.

New range command is awesome.

CONS:

The tower building area is "harder" to see and use. This isn't such a big

issue for players that have been playing for awhile. However, newer

players might find the building path hard to use. Specifically some of the

trees will hide towers from your view. (Less could be more.) The older map

had better color seperation, whereas the newer map has the tower path and mob path

blend together almost too well.

We have seen it several times that the "ronalds" will get bunched up at

the exit portal. We are not sure why and it has occurred with many different tower

types. We have also noticed that some ronalds will turn around after reaching the

exit portal.

Observations and/or suggestions:

Money seems to be easier to obtain in the Beta 21 version of the map. Before you really had to work at getting enough money to just build whatever you wanted in the last couple of rounds. Now you can have more than enough gold around level 50 with just 2 Interest upgrades.

Adding a RANGE button to the user interface might be nice. Instead of having to type -range XXX on the selected tower to find its range, how about setting the command to "grab" the selected tower's range and by typing -range or hitting a "range" button the range ring would appear around that tower.

Fog of War - I have thought about this feature for awhile, but adding a FOW feature might be nice in keeping the prying eyes of competition from copying your strategy. This feature might be best used or selected at the beginning of the game via the host computer.

Great job... thanks.

Almost forgot a couple more items: (Beta 21)

Thanks for keeping the golems from growing... it was a nice idea, but more often then not the graphics of the giant golems just got in the way.

The new "Radius" tower is a nice idea. I haven't played with them too much, but the concept of adjusting its range is a great idea.

Some of the older towers, like the Tidal and Quark towers, require too much baby sitting to be used very often. So the radius tower, with its adjustibility and "forget about it" feature is a nice balance of control and effectiviness.

Almost forgot a couple more items: (Beta 21)

Thanks for keeping the golems from growing... it was a nice idea, but more often then not the graphics of the giant golems just got in the way.

The new "Radius" tower is a nice idea. I haven't played with them too much, but the concept of adjusting its range is a great idea.

Some of the older towers, like the Tidal and Quark towers, require too much baby sitting to be used very often. So the radius tower, with its adjustibility and "forget about it" feature is a nice balance of control and effectiviness.

Comments on the beta should be posted in game reports.. don't post in public forum and leak the contents of the latest beta..

Playing the Beta 21 version for about a week now...

PROS:

A lot of effort has been given to rebalance the towers.

Indeed.

Map graphics have been improved.

No it is ugly :D At the moment Void is developing a new terrain.

Still feels alot like the older TD map, the original game has not been lost.

New range command is awesome.

CONS:

The tower building area is "harder" to see and use. This isn't such a big

issue for players that have been playing for awhile. However, newer

players might find the building path hard to use. Specifically some of the

trees will hide towers from your view. (Less could be more.) The older map

had better color seperation, whereas the newer map has the tower path and mob path

blend together almost too well.

We have seen it several times that the "ronalds" will get bunched up at

the exit portal. We are not sure why and it has occurred with many different tower

types. We have also noticed that some ronalds will turn around after reaching the

exit portal.

Observations and/or suggestions:

Money seems to be easier to obtain in the Beta 21 version of the map. Before you really had to work at getting enough money to just build whatever you wanted in the last couple of rounds. Now you can have more than enough gold around level 50 with just 2 Interest upgrades.

Adding a RANGE button to the user interface might be nice. Instead of having to type -range XXX on the selected tower to find its range, how about setting the command to "grab" the selected tower's range and by typing -range or hitting a "range" button the range ring would appear around that tower.

Cool idea but I am not sure if it is possible. But I want to see that too.

Fog of War - I have thought about this feature for awhile, but adding a FOW feature might be nice in keeping the prying eyes of competition from copying your strategy. This feature might be best used or selected at the beginning of the game via the host computer.

Interesting.

Great job... thanks.

Guest Sancdar

While this is possible, I think it can only be done by hard-coding each tower's range into the ability. So...it won't be done. The only range that I find is really important to know for the game is 1100; towers with this range can be built on the bottom of the middle and hit creeps on the bottom lane, or on the right of the middle and hit creeps on the far right lane.

Wasn't there fog in one of the competitive modes? Anyway, I don't think it's a good idea. It makes the game less interesting, and people are forced to watch the replay to see other strategies. You can't get advice from other players, etc.

Copying a build is never really effective. It's very difficult to do as well as somebody else when you're a little late for every one of their actions. This is especially true in samerandom, when everybody has the opportunity to copy builds. You can try copying the best player, but if he's good he'll still beat you without much trouble. A lot of the game does hinge on build/sell timings where even a couple seconds of error would make a big difference.

Sign in to follow this