EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
DDRKirby(ISQ)

Starcraft

thought we already had a thread for this =P

anybody else playing these days? ICCUP? I'm currently ~D, maybe D+, havent really started climbing up the ranks seriously yet. Zerg player, I've always favored the swarm. I've played around with the other races from time to time though.

I still have Starcraft in case anyone wants to play with me, although I don't play very often. Be warned, I am very rusty!!!

I also don't know what ICCUP or ~D is. :S

Just recently installed it for a few days.

But I don't think I can play it, since it is a burned cd because the original was broken YEARS ago. (then i really mean years, I was just a little kid then :P )

Guest Silfarion

Never played at all (but my uncle used to. he was a pro). But i see that in korea, starcraft is still more famous than warcraft (while it is opposite in indonesia).

i try to refrain from too much Starcraft > Warcraft generalizations, though i feel entitled to that opinion since I was originally a WC3 player before I got semi-serious about SC (though, I'm a lot more serious about other games like Tetris, than either of the two).

However I firmly believe that SC is much better as a spectator sport since it's much more exciting and fast-paced. Warcraft has its beautiful moments too but that feeling of "omg!" is not there nearly as often.

Guest Silfarion
i try to refrain from too much Starcraft > Warcraft generalizations, though i feel entitled to that opinion since I was originally a WC3 player before I got semi-serious about SC (though, I'm a lot more serious about other games like Tetris, than either of the two).

However I firmly believe that SC is much better as a spectator sport since it's much more exciting and fast-paced. Warcraft has its beautiful moments too but that feeling of "omg!" is not there nearly as often.

yeah, i agree. Starcraft is more like thrill based, while warcraft is more 'craft' based.

Guest Sancdar

I used to be a C+, but I'm nowhere near that good now. I played some last year with my friends on Hamachi, and while I'm better than scrubs, it's nothing pretty.

Ladder SC is much more interesting than Ladder WC3 to watch except possibly to hardcore WC3 players. Why? Because in WC3, units rarely die. It's just not exciting to watch an army TP away after a minor skirmish...for the sixth time.

Probably the most telling moment here is when I saw a player lose two grunts in a tournament and the announcer said it could be a game-losing mistake. Or how historically, losing an early archer with Night Elf meant you were totally screwed.

Guest NinoDoko

well, i play starcraft, but i guess im not even nearly as good as any of u. I dont even know how to grade myself :P

But i bet i will play it a LOT more when Starcraft 2 comes out :D

Sign in to follow this