EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Void

Replace the Trickery Tower with... ZOMBIE TOWER! :D

Guest Void

Ok, so although some may say the trickery tower can be useful, I don't think it's worth getting the elements just for it, and early game on random mode when I get light, dark and 2 interests as my first 4 elements, I get f*cking pissed.

So here's my suggestion, the Zombie tower, which upgrades to Infection tower, which upgrades to Pandemic tower.

What it does is whenever an enemy is killed by the tower, it is brought back to life as a zombie (ground units with no pathing that last two waves). When a unit is killed by a zombie, though, it is brought back as a Lesser Zombie, which is basically a zombie but with less damage.

Thoughts?

um, truth is, trickery tower has finally been fixed to work as one of the support duals. in private betas it is now working, equal to well and blacksmith... and it needs to stayt a support tower.

however - your suggestion is ofcourse valid even though it can not replace that specific tower!

we had one of those called undead tower before which I really liked and dunno why it's gone.. (except that one's minions could not ccreate minions from their kills.) it's a neat idea, I like both your suggestion and old undead tower. however - last 2 waves is a bit much imo. not sure about that.

a wave where you receive summoned units from each of the 30 killed... I don't get the point of it though. fun to beginners I guess, but not really interesting in any way as a wave rather than a tower imo :/ if it is that every kill makes minions.

if it is a wave and it's based on something, perhaps different things each minionable wave, like, you have to kill them within 30 se, or later than 30 sec, or you receive minions if you kill them with a support tower, or something other adding objectives for your hands and mind to keep track of - then it would become more interesting. perhaps too much work for the brain and hands?:D and too much info for beginners? it could be a special mode perhaps to have minion waves & perhaps another type of waves like this that favors customized defending for this, perhaps by micro, placement, choice of towers or so (that's why there'd have to be several minionwaves with different ways of receiving extra minions.

about the minions themselves, waliking on path and no collition size does not work. well, our tornado could block bosses... although I've seen "phase boots" in action, succeeding what we failed with old tornado - or am I getting th eold tornado wrong? If they wouldn't walk on path they'd be too much the same as oblivion tower I think.

if anyone who reads this thread/post comes up with anotehr idea like minion wave, please post, and we might get more interesting ideas.

my current thoughts: although I'm sleepy now ;) might add more

Gold waves. (increased gold gain by killing the requested way)

Interest waves. (temporary increased interest rate teh next X minutes gained by killing the requested way)

Life waves. (lives gained by killing the requested way)

support waves. (gains atkspeed/dmg decreases armor/movespeed by killing the requested way. is it best if player may chose which support he wants or if it is random or separated over those all? I think player may select would be nice if there is a way.)

Overall what this concept (even though it is only a mode) makes, is that the special waves (fast/heal/mech/undead) may be extra hard, and the others extra easy, but the extra easy (normal waves you may prepare for the special waves, by receiving these rewards through special objectives (killing a special way) or other. perhaps "leak one and kill rest and you will gain 10 lives" is a type of wave mission too:p (too bad stop button doesn't always work heh)

Guest Void

But what does that have to do with my suggestion? My suggestion is a tower that converts any creeps it gets a last hit on (like Life towers) into zombie minions that attack the creep waves.

oh, when you said "how about one wave then" I thought you meant, instead of a a tower that makes minions, there'd be a wave where minions would be created from dead creeps :P and from the misunderstanding a new idea was born - I shall move it to a different thread if you want.

Guest Void

I don't mind. It's actually a good idea.

Or maybe a "Hydra Wave" where when enemies are killed they split into smaller bits. Would definitely encourage getting AOE towers ;]

Guest M45T3R

Zombie tower would block the lane, so people could easily abuse my massing them.

Zombie tower would block the lane, so people could easily abuse my massing them.
What it does is whenever an enemy is killed by the tower, it is brought back to life as a zombie (ground units with no pathing that last two waves).

Sign in to follow this