EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cisz

How to chose a mode for the ladder

Good asked some questions regarding what mode will be played in the ladder games. As far as I am concerned, any mode the player agree upon, with two exceptions: No mixed rnd/pick and no mixed diff.

Kara does think otherwise, maybe he will suggest a forced vh.

Still the players have different modes to chose from.

I suggest the following method: In a ladder game, the red player selects a game mode and the other players gets the selection displayed, along with an "ok/no" selection. If even one player refuses that selection, they get to play vh sr sm (or whatever we like to force them to use).

Thoughts?

Um, I was thinking, but never got time to discuss, that the bot doesn't just host games all teh time. but you can go to the channel and tell the bot to host a game of the type ou like. example "!host public unranked vh sr sm 6players"

and game hosts game with proper gamename, including game modes. and when game starts, the bot is in some way connected to the game so it choses modes. the pre-decided modes.

and for not all cd-keys to be used for hosting stupid games that never get filled, you can host private games, in a special way. i type "!host private ranked vh sr sm 3players" and it ads to a list of prepared games, that players can find by typing "!games" or "!list" or "!gamelist" or "!join" to get a list of all gamemodes that players are trying to find opponents for. and they can join this "prapared game" that isn't hosted to use a cd-key yet. infact, not formally hosted until it's ready to start, because it's a private game that only player with account for league and in channel can join. every now and then the bot asks players if they are there, and they have to answer yes to not get kicked. this is to prevent preparing games with players not there. when game is ready to start the bot asks all players if they are ready, and if they answer ready the game is hosted and all the prepared players may join (if the bot can't make them join then they will be whispered the private gamename or w/e). and when ingame the bot sets the mode.

good/bad? bot setting the mode works? if it has to change the map a little bit works?

Good concept.

All players in a ladder game should be playing ladder, agreed?

And the ladder games need to have a set of allowed modes. I suggest the following modes to be allowed:

-Pick, but in the form of forced pick (ap); no player may switch to rnd after this is selected.

-SR

-Extreme (x)

-Chaos mode (cm)

-All three gamelenghts (sm, xsm)

Not allowed are mixed diff and mixed rnd/pick games.

I still couldn't settle my differences with kara. Are all diffs valid? Imo yes, kara says no. what do you guys think? All ladder games have to be vh?

Everything should be allowed, as long as it is presented in teh gamemodes that joining players have agreed upon. Mix dif does not work ofcourse, don't need to go into detail we all understand that I think. one could argue that mix rnd/pick belongs to the same area, but I disagree. not if it is clear that it's a mix.. no, I think it's fair if they decide upon it, just like AR. even though it's not popular in high skill games probably, but perhaps the nubs want luck to be a part of their success/failure, and that's fine with me. same with AR should be allowed, and SW too - but ppl don't have to join these games. SM and XSM sure fang, and all other modes :)