EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest newoborp

Advice needed

Guest newoborp

I just started to play eletd not long ago. I've posted a replay below and it was my 1st time playing random. I tried to sell and rebuild but failed miserably :cry:. Need comments for areas of improvements. :wink:

Btw, should starting players play pick or random? :?

Thanks... :P

EleTD_4.0pb_VE_AR.w3g

welcome to the game and the forums..

replay analysis to follow later.

for beginners, interest farming isn't really necessary in lower difficulties..

read up cisz's tower placement guide here. some of the information is not relevant for 4.0 but the concepts remain.. also know the elemental damage system well..

you can do either pick or random.. pb pick do the 6-element build. all support towers, quaker and zealot for damage, end with periodic.. that's the strongest build.

random is fun and more interesting but you will get stuck with some randoms.. there are some randoms that are unplayable even for the best players.. it is not unusual if you fail to complete most games.. ( i learnt by random. the only time i ever picked was for build project..)

wave 9 (undead) - use cannons. aoe damage against undead waves.

wave 15 (elemental) - use nature to catch the earth elemental. it deals 200% damage.

wave 20 (earth mech) - you have nature.. why use earth?

wave 20 (elemental) - earth towers to catch nature elemental? that deals 50% damage.

wave 28 (nature healing) - Again, 50% damage.

wave 32 (composite mech) - life towers aren't really the best choice here.. not encouraged in multiplayer. yes, it gave you a buffer in terms of lives. it wouldn't work well in VH difficulty.

wave 33- tidal. not a bad tower but not the best choice. it isn't as good without slow.

wave 36 (light mech) - too early for polar towers. you don't really have enough damage yet.

wave 38 - polar tower is a support tower. not a damage tower. you need more damage towers here.

wave 40 - i haven't seen you use the ability of tidal up to here. it has a strong aoe attack which charges up with every attack and you can release it to deal a large damage around the tower itself.

wave 43 - much better choice with the nova, quakers and zealots.

wave 46 - now with all 6 elements, get all the slows, corrosion and voodoo. which you did. you defense is too spaced out.. most towers do not benefit from the armour reduction from corrosion.

wave 51 - no well towers at all? periodic is the bomb..

wave 56 - no voodoo tower?

essentially having all 6 element almost guarantees a completed game in 4.0pb. you do need to learn the elemental damage system though. not too bad an attempt overall.

light - 200% to darkness, 50% to earth

(trickery/electricity/quantum/hail/laser/nova)

dark - 200% to water, 50% to light

(poison/magic/disease/oblivion/jinx/muck)

water - 200% to fire, 50% to darkness

(well/Ice/tidal/drowning/windstorm)

fire - 200% to nature, 50% to water

(blacksmith/flame/flamethrower/zealot/voodoo/corrosion)

nature - 200% to earth, 50% to fire

(life/mushroom/impulse/golem/enchantment/roots)

earth - 200% to light, 50% to nature

(gunpowder/hydro/gold/quaker/polar)

non-elemental - 100% to all

(kindle)

fast - creeps move faster

undead- when killed, revives with 1/3 health

mechnical - becomes invulnerable when mana hits 12 for 1.5sec

healing - regains hp

Guest newoborp

I've played another game with the same modes. I realised that it's very hard to win when I don't get the fire element. What are the recommended towers to build that don't require fire?

Another question, at what lvl should I stop building arrow/canon towers?

One last thing, mind pointing out the things I did right and wrong in my replay?

Thanks... :P

EleTD_4.0pb_VE_AR (Version 2).w3g

I've played another game with the same modes. I realised that it's very hard to win when I don't get the fire element. What are the recommended towers to build that don't require fire?

in 4.0PB, support triples are very very strong. the support triples that don't involve fire are:

Roots (DEN)

Muck (DEW)

Enchantment (ELN)

Polar (ELW)

of these, roots and muck are definitely the more useful ones. both give great aoe damage + slow.

Another question, at what lvl should I stop building arrow/canon towers?

On pick, depends on how fast you are at building them, and how aggressive you want to be with interest abuse. I often rely almost solely on arrow/cannons until about lvl 30 in pick (but sometimes I'm lazier and stop at 20 or 25 or so).

On random, you should generally stop using them as soon as they become obsolete and you have enough money for better towers.

wave 21 - roots belong to a 2-pass placement generally (know what is long pass and 2-pass?)

wave 22 - poison at 2-pass placement as well.. generally, most towers belong to 2-pass placement. only nova, quaker, kindle and long-range towers belong to the long pass V.

wave 26 - again, muck tower at 2-pass placement.

the roots and muck up to 32 is pretty much overkill..

wave 48 - use splash towers against undead..

and no well towers throughout? Well is one of the best support towers in the game..

After wave 30, elemental arrows and amplified towers are almost useless (in VH)..

make more use of the duals..

try playing in normal difficulty.

http://www.eletd.com/forum/download/file.php?id=422

Sign in to follow this