EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Time Warp Attack

Basically, this tower would attack a creep, and X seconds later the creep would move back to where it was when it got attacked. Could be very slow and powerful attack perhaps?

Sounds like a single target slow to me. Or maybe a disable, if the same creep gets time warped over and over again.

Guest mrchak

I don't see how it would be different than a stun, except that it would be worse.

at the time it warps, all projectiles that are about to hit it would miss. So you would be able to deal even less damage to a time-warped unit than to a stunned/disabled unit.

Plus, I don't know where a time-warp attack would fit with the elements.

I don't see how it would be different than a stun, except that it would be worse.

at the time it warps, all projectiles that are about to hit it would miss. So you would be able to deal even less damage to a time-warped unit than to a stunned/disabled unit.

Plus, I don't know where a time-warp attack would fit with the elements.

I wouldn't worry too much about the elements right now. When the time comes where we have all the abilities brainstormed, we can figure out where to place this.

As for it being worse then a stun, I don't agree. The point you brought up about it warping is legitimate. But, it does not work like a normal stun. Say that we stun a creep for X seconds, the towers that are in range of it get to attack it for the duration. Now suppose we warp a creep back after X seconds. It continues moving so more/different towers get to attack it. But then, it warps back giving everything a second chance to kill it. It really depends on the build and positioning of towers, it could be slightly worse, equal, or better. One thing is for sure though, it is a lot cooler than bash.

Guest Issunboshi

I think its a cool idea

If the creep teleports instantly, (I'm pretty sure) all the towers with homing attacks would hit it ..

Guest Sancdar

It depends how you decide to code it. For example, most people know that hardcoded blink (like on QoP in DotA) lets you avoid stormbolts and other projectiles.

Guest Issunboshi
It depends how you decide to code it. For example, most people know that hardcoded blink (like on QoP in DotA) lets you avoid stormbolts and other projectiles.
Yeah. Faerie Dragon's Phase Shift does that too (except they don't move anymore). They used to move when they were 'invisible' in Blizz TD until Blizz fixed it (that was so cheap)

Guest Sancdar

Well, Phase Shift makes you invulnerable and have no icon, so things aren't going to hit.

Guest mrchak

If its a time warp, what if it teleports the unit into the future, like it disappears, and appears in the exact same spot anywhere between 10-60 seconds later...

What you're suggesting isn't a time warp, its a delayed teleport. If it was a time warp it would move to the spot it used to be at with the hit points it used to have.

Guest Ryukira

And since when is anything mae with the wc3 engine realistic? hell you could probably call it the tomato tosser cannon and it would still be cool. For some reason every1 seems to have gotten the idea of some kind of time warp/rip/whatever at about teh same time and then posted it in like 9 diffrent threads, seems like we need a thread on contoverial/random more or less single target disables.

Sign in to follow this