EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
dvdlesher

Foundry and Waterfall

Umm... I think those two makes a imbalanced buff...

Normally, dual atack/special damage is multiplied by a same ratio (which is "5" for common dual towers).

For example:

-Hydro damage is 1000, special damage 1200

-Spout damage is 5000, special damage 6000

-Geyser damage is 25000, special damage 30000

But, on Foundry/Waterfall, the ratio is different..

Tier1 to Tier2 skill specialty multiplying ratio is 2 (25% on tier1, 50% on tier2)

Tier2 to Tier3 skill specialty multiplying ratio is 4 (50% on tier2, 200% on tier3)

I think it's too much for a "buff"... Maybe Tier3 should increase damage/attackspeed by 150%... Although, I don't think 100% is good...

Umm, sorry for the bad english, I hope everyone understand what I meant

That is not how the map balace works or is supposed to work. Every group of towers can have their individual factor for increase. besides, it must not be increased by a special factor that is the same. but every group of towers at each level have to be equal in strength(honestly that is not entirely true, but in the same group over different tiers they follow the same factoring) and boost and cost.

The groups are:

Tier 1 Damage Duals

Tier 2 -----||-----

Tier 3 -----||-----

Tier 1 Support Duals

Tier 2 -----||-----

Tier 3 -----||-----

Tier 1 Damage Triples

Tier 2 -----||-----

Tier 1 Support Triples

Tier 2 -----||-----

Tier 1 Single Elements

Tier 2 -----||-----

Tier 3 -----||-----

Tier 4 -----||-----

Tier 5 -----||----- (aka pures)

Periodic Tower of the Elements

Some extra "rules" that we tend to follow are:

Damage triples have the same price as support triples and Damage Duals the same price as Support Duals.

Supporter do have lower damage than Damage towers, but follow the same factoring for increased damage over tiers. (eg, if hydro has 1000/5000/25000 dmg, then blacksmith could have 500/2500/12500)

a conclution: There has been some thinking behind the balance of the map and 200% well/smith/trickery is nessesary for the balance of the map. remember public beta? there was no 200% but 6element build was by far the best build and the only one playable in multiplayer and there were only a certain set of elements that were reasonable to pick.

Sign in to follow this