EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ubernuber

Buff earth support towers / nerf WDFL

Guest Ubernuber

I recently wanted to play with some earth based towers, and the sad truth is, all good support towers are based on wdfl+n. I know there are some good earth build available, but I think the game is heavily biased towards WDFL builds, since they get all the good stuff automatically (storm, enchantment, acid, poison, moon, ice, with N additionally well and nova).

I find especially the second tier of acid with enchantment to be extremely unbalancing. Enchantment alone gives an effective 400% damage bonus to physical towers (FF + IF) on VH. Combined with acid, which even does AoE armor debuffing, it gets only more ridiculous.

The earth support towers (slow, sludge, roots) just don't cut it for crowd control since they're all single target slow/debuff, and microing them is really hard, especially in fast levels or if the game is slightly laggy and you're not host. Glacier doesn't slow enough to make up for this.

I feel that really takes the diversity out of the game, since earth is often an inferior choice given the power of WDFL. An no, I wouldn't count WDFL+3xE as being a different choice ^^

Maybe you could introduce a strong mana based buff tower that requires earth and nature? Maybe change gemstones to give a stun aura to nearby towers? Or maybe they cast a stun buff on towers that works like the mountain king bash ability (ie, what gemstones always have). A critical strike aura would also be cool (but actually translates to a straght damage buff).

How these auras are done can be found in Darky's multi aura demo map. Should be available via http://www.wc3sear.ch.

Sign in to follow this