EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 1mpulse

different to a build strategy

Guest 1mpulse

hello. im looking for more of a strategy for tower placement... where to put the damage towers and slow towers etc to maximise effectiveness. it might be old knowledge but please enlighten me, one of my downfalls is i dunno where to put specific towers. :(

Guest Sancdar

I wish I had the old numpad notation picture here. I'm sure Cisz will bring it up.

Generally, you want to put towers where the creeps will pass by twice without being on both sides at once. This means the whole right side, as well as the section left of the middle. You'll want your slow towers to be slowing creeps to keep them in range of your damage towers longer. If you have splash, you'll want the slow slightly in front of the damage so the creeps have a tiny amount of time to get clumped up. Depending on what slow you use or how you micro, this can be a number of different places. If you watch replays you can get a good idea of where to put towers. I mean, it also differs based on what type of tower you have. For example, Dinosaur Towers need to have as many creeps around them as possible, which means they are not the most effective in the traditional prime tower spots. Other towers have special needs, because they don't overlap with others of the same type. For example, you don't want Nova Towers to be slowing already Nova-ed creeps, at least if you're planning on upgrading an earlier tower to a Supernova without doing the same to the later tower. Similarly, the immolation from Steam Towers doesn't stack, so while you can get about 9 seconds of damage on unslowed creeps, you need to place them only at certain locations for maximum effectiveness.

Like this: Numpad notation explained.

...and if you want much more information, I mean really much information, maybe even to much information on tower placement, you can read this guide (not finished yet) about placement. :wink:

But maybe you don't have two hours to read the whole thing, so maybe you can ask more specific? What towers are you using? Do you have a favourite build?

Guest 1mpulse

i usually play random, so all i kinda wanna know is where you would normally place damage and slow towers etc

and i tried watching some challenge replays, but that frikkin rapidshare site NEVER works for me

Generally, you want to put towers where the creeps will pass by twice without being on both sides at once. This means the whole right side, as well as the section left of the middle. You'll want your slow towers to be slowing creeps to keep them in range of your damage towers longer.

Thats about it if you don't have über-slow. The concept is explained in far to much detail in the chapter about two pass here (the lenghty guide again).

Try playing on the right ledge, as far down as you can handle. If you are really good and get the feeling you even want to move to the lower ledge (from between 6 and 3 to between 2 and 3 numpad notation), switch to playing far left instead (area 4).

If you can't get this to work, maybe post a link to a replay and we can comment on that.

Guest 1mpulse

thanks alot, gonna try this in single player first then ill try and submit what happens

Sign in to follow this