EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sancdar

DotA abilities

Guest Sancdar

While I like DotA as much as the next guy, jacking abilities straight from the map seems kind of lame. The ideas are creative, but at the least the basic thought behind them should be taken and done in a unique way. Otherwise...it's DotA TD.

The thing is, DotA jacks from other sources a lot. Thus, I do not feel bad or morally wrong for "jacking," their abilities.

However, I do agree with you that every ability needs to be thought out and carefully considered. It is my hope that forum users will generate enough ideas where the DotA ones are inferior and not even considered. But, truth be told DotA has some good ideas that I think work well within the map. Consider "Impetus," for instance, it is quite unique and places great emphasis on micro for the tower. Players will have to make sure that the tower is attacking creeps that are moving away from the tower, and will have to carefully consider placement to maximize damage.

Guest GkJ-mo

i dont think we need to take stuff from dota, as the map and its concept actually suck :D

basically theres only 3 maps heavily played on europe, that is eletd, dota and this recruit-thousands-of-footmen-and-lag-the-game-to-death (a.ka. footman100 n stuff)

so err... what was my point again.. ah, better dont use dota-stuff (reason mentioned by OP's good too)

Guest Sancdar

Well, I don't think you can really argue that DotA or its concept are bad. The execution is well done, the abilities are largely original and interesting, and the concept is fairly solid (and indeed, only a couple years younger than TDs themselves). There are plenty of AoS maps that do suck, but DotA isn't one of them.

Sign in to follow this