EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrchak

Shortcut Keys for All Towers

Guest mrchak

Well, that might be tough, its not possible for Arrow already.

But I'm up for a challenge!

Guest Sancdar
What about this:

The hotkey for the normal towers stays like it is: W = Water, F = Fire etc.

When you want to upgrade a tower you have to hit the first letter of the element that is missing; for example:

You have a fire tower and want to upgrade it to Lava then you hit the E key.

You have Steam tower and want to upgrade it to Acid you have to use the D key.

Not sure if it works though: Is it possible to create different hotkeys for the same towers depending on which one or two element towers you upgrade it from?

Yeah, I suggested that too. I personally think it's simpler than having a mess of hotkeys to remember, since to start building a tower you already know what elements it needs.

agree.. unless the towers could be named in such a way that the hotkey is the first letter of the tower except for a few. would make it easier. except maybe when you are trying to speed upgrade different towers and press the wrong elements (more often in random) , which is not a problem if every tower had a unique hotkey.

Guest Sancdar

Considering that I stopped using cannons because I'd too frequently hit 'X' instead of 'C' when I wanted to upgrade in a hurry, any hotkey scheme kind of worries me :)

I guess the element ones are mostly pretty close together, but since you can get to the tower on any path...

Sign in to follow this