EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Warcryptic

Best ronald kill build

Guest Warcryptic

Asked for this long time ago, got responses that there would be posts, never seen 1, so here's a redo,

greetings from warcryptic

The problem is, there are no decent hunting replays on tft 1.21.

I tried to make one again, but failed so far. It's not that easy.

Guest Cloak

The best build I've seen is LWFD-N by far.

If you've seen Cisz's 1.20 replays, he uses the Nova/Monsoon/FreezeTower combo for maximum snare. He then puts them spaced enough so the Ronald wave is being snared to the max throughout the entire level. Then, for damaging purposes, puts a Hydrochloric/Enchantment for their respective debuffs. I don't know the Faerie Fire/Buff ratios he puts for the Enchantment towers but you can usually get a feel for how of much of each is required.

The most monumental portion of this strategy is the very beginning because you can stack 3 pure fires there (WFLWFLDNDF#). I modified Cisz's strategy by putting 2 Moonwells up above the trees too (the hidden two squares at the very top middle of the map), which basically puts a 100% uptime 25% haste on all 3 Pure Fires. With 3.75 pure fires, 50% more damage from enchantment, and -45 armor, the Ronalds hp will drop anywhere from 100% to 0-50% before getting out of that initial top left corner. This stays constant from what I've seen. Even though the Ronald's hp increases, it's not by enough to show any progress against millions and millions of aoe dps. For the first 60-70k spawns, the Ronalds will never make it past the middle long pass if you do it correctly.

I also modified Cisz's strategy by periodically putting Tsunami's every once in a while at choke points since I noticed the Water Ronald's would leak from the first onslaught rather easily. The single target dps on Tsunami is really great; they can take care of those Water Ronalds and make sure the Refined Fires usually hit packs instead of single targets. After 80k spawns, my computer starts to lock up, those Refined Fires own your computer.

You basically put one of each snare towers and debuff towers at these nodes: Right by the cave. The fast 2-pass area. The middle long pass area. The medium 2-pass at the very bottom. And make sure to put 1-2 nodes at the final stretch to the end of the path. And try to get a good number of Enchantments for constant Faerie Fire and the 50% damage buff. After you put all those, fill every other conceivable slot with a Refined Fire and put a good 5-10 Tsunamis at the end of the map for good measure.

I've basically been messing around to see if you can squeeze in a 4th Pure or an upgraded Moonwell in the build, but still retain the armor and snare potential. That 4th pure would make all the difference, since it'd basically trivialize the first 70 thousand spawns.

On a side note, the beauty of LWFD-N is that you can milk interest for all it's worth on this map. It's very, very easy to get capped gold in a singe-player game.

Guest Cloak

Here's a screenshot of my top setup on VH, since I'm incompetent with making replays. It's not the best of screenshots but it gets the job done. This'll give some sense to my esoteric ranting.

lwfdnsetupdb2.th.png

You can at least see the Moonwells up top and all 3 Pure Fires are positioned so they're in range of the Moonwells. I also have the Freezing Tower and Hydrochloric on the top row. Then a Pure and a Monsoon. For the third row, a Refined Fire and a Nova.

Sign in to follow this