EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest minddrifter

Aura Towers

Guest minddrifter

I have seen some mention of different aura towers (attack, spd, etc) and had a decent idea pop into my head. Have the tower's aura range increase as you level it up. A level 3 aura tower could hit any tower on the map if placed in the center perhaps.

Auras is hard to balance, and they often don't stack with eachother.

Can be a bit of imbalance if you build many god towers.

Sry I wote down for theese.

Guest minddrifter

It doesn't have to be godly, the bonus can be adjusted to not be too high, you could make them triple elements, cost more gold, etc. Many things you can do to balance it out and make it what it's worth.

Guest 1mpulse

many things that can be auras is already castable abilities on other towers =/ aura may be unbalanced as there next to no micro involved

Guest minddrifter

Less micro isn't a bad thing if you ask me, but if no one else thinks it is a good idea, then maybe it's a bad idea.

I got an example:

1 Moon well tower can support X towers in an sertian area. (Don't remember how many, Cisz or anywhone help me on this.) If you have more then that all towers wouldn't be boosted.

But if you have 1 aura tower it would support all towers in an area so you don't have a building limit; in that area.

But it is true you could balance it not making it so god.

It is an idea and ideas are god. :P

But personally I think its more fun with moon well towers then aura towers.

(Unless you have a stacking aura on the whole building area, you could mass em and get god speed. But little damage.( Youst another idea :P ))

This is just my personal opinion, but i think that auras are just for little boys that dont know where to post the towers.

Actually I like the lack of auras and to have some abilities to be autocasted by other towers. It encourages smart planning of topwer posting.

The auras of the heroes were ok as you just get 1 aura in the whole game and it had limited range.

I hate the typical aura tower which you can upgrade to -Armor aura, -creep speed aura, +attack speed aura, or +damage aura (I think it was on GemTD?). "I just cant live with It but can't win without it." If you imbalance, all players need aura tower to survive or it ends up as a decorative useless tower.

Imho, drop auras if possible, but some people may feel different.

Thank you thank you. There you have another reason not to have auras in the game.

But this is youst our personnaly toughts.

Sign in to follow this