EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Megadramon

The re-worked Poison Tower (W+D)

v0.82

-Poison Tower (DW) reworked to 0.66 speed, 32 damage, and 1.5 AoE per attack (max 9) from 0.31 speed, 16 damage, and 0.6 AoE per attack (max 6)

Just so you guys know, it didn't get a major re-work like the Flooding/Drowning Tower, just damage modification and etc.

Before its change I heard a lot of people complaining about the tower; frankly, I liked it the way it was before.

One of my main builds utilized the tier 3 Poison Tower with Comet, and I was able to mass the whole map with it depending on how slow my opponents were. I believe I got like 666 points with the build.

Currently, I feel it got weaker. I'm no longer able to do that build anymore due to the new change to the tower. Back then it was very compatible with the Hail/Comet tower; though I don't play random anymore, I don't know how well it'd fair with the other towers, so perhaps the change to the tower made it more practical to get in randoms.

So far with my experiences with the Poison Tower, I feel it got weaker, especially on the Fruit level. If I remember correctly, I massed quite a bit. I filled the 4, 5, 7, 8 and 9 positions, and it just massaged the fruit. I got like maybe 10 fruit kills (something pretty low), it was horrible.

Anyways, what do you guys think?

-Poison Tower (DW) reworked to 0.66 speed, 32 damage, and 1.5 AoE per attack (max 9) from 0.31 speed, 16 damage, and 0.6 AoE per attack (max 6)

Just so you guys know, it didn't get a major re-work like the Flooding/Drowning Tower, just damage modification and etc.

Before its change I heard a lot of people complaining about the tower; frankly, I liked it the way it was before.

One of my main builds utilized the tier 3 Poison Tower with Comet, and I was able to mass the whole map with it depending on how slow my opponents were. I believe I got like 666 points with the build.

Currently, I feel it got weaker. I'm no longer able to do that build anymore due to the new change to the tower. Back then it was very compatible with the Hail/Comet tower; though I don't play random anymore, I don't know how well it'd fair with the other towers, so perhaps the change to the tower made it more practical to get in randoms.

So far with my experiences with the Poison Tower, I feel it got weaker, especially on the Fruit level. If I remember correctly, I massed quite a bit. I filled the 4, 5, 7, 8 and 9 positions, and it just massaged the fruit. I got like maybe 10 fruit kills (something pretty low), it was horrible.

Anyways, what do you guys think?

870ish points on Hard. Seems fine to me. Actually working out even BETTER than before with the new max AoE. Just gotta use Springs to buff the attack speed and watch it destroy high HP fruit.

I also entered fruit with 18 lives and not max networth (~220k) due to some playing errors. Should be even more effective in a perfect game.

The new fix for poison tower in .83 (which also kinda nerfed the AoE and damage buff a bit) seems to have made it pretty decent.

It was bugged before — Karawasa said that after a while, targets of the towers wouldn't be able to take damage from other poison towers. (hope i did the explanation justice)

The reason why my experience was so bad was most likely because of the bug. I will try out the Poison Tower again, hopefully with better result.

The reason why my experience was so bad was most likely because of the bug. I will try out the Poison Tower again, hopefully with better result.

The tower was bugged only in 0.82. It was fine in 0.81 (albiet with a different splash radius/attack speed setup)

So I finally got a chance to play the new version and test out the new poison tower and it's still an amazing tower.

I think it's much stronger than the old Poison Tower if you micro it.

I combined the poison tower with the hail tower, and basically how it worked was the poison tower weakens the creeps while the hail tower finishes them.

By positioning the Poison Tower on a long pass, where it can hit creeps for a long time in a single pass, you use the full potential of the tower's contaminate ability. Also if you micro them to change targets to a different chunk of full HP creeps, you out put maximum damage by allowing the poison towers to stack contaminate on a fresh batch of creeps. If you you leave your poison towers attacking red health units, not only will you not be able to use the full potential of contaminate, but you lose potential damage output on the creep wave where you could be instead contaminating full hp creeps, and turning them red.

Once the the creeps are weak enough, a different tower such as hail can clear them out pretty well.

The tower was bugged only in 0.82. It was fine in 0.81 (albiet with a different splash radius/attack speed setup)

Yeah, that post was made during 0.82 in response to the tweaked tower. I've edited it to include that the post was from 0.82 now.

Sign in to follow this