EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
jolin012

Slowing strength of different towers

If someone could list how much different slowtowers slow and what the maximum slow is I think that'd be very good help to many people.

that does not mean this is what I'm looking for:

clay, 33%

sludge, factor of 3

ice, an aoe slowing tower

freezing, a better aoe slowing tower

What I'm looking for is a complete list of all of them( counted all in the same "mesurement")´, maybe even the size of it's aoe/non aoe and/or how long the slow last

So I know what is needed tro slow the maximum and not use too little/much slow.

Very happy if someone has the total answer :wink:

Thanks!

Guest GipFace

This seems rather silly, because in most cases, if you have a slowing tower available, you use it regardless of how good it is. Do I know that Sludge reduces the speed of its target by a factor of 3? Yes. Do I really care about that specific number? No. All I really care about is that it is a slower and that its improved version, Mire, slows the target even further.

If you want the best slowers period (notwithstanding Nova/Supernova stall), it's Living Statue and Virus. Being two-element tier III towers, they will almost never come into play in random mode. Plus, they only hit one target, and we've heard the complaints about target failing in multiplayer. If you're on pick mode, you might as well go for Monsoon, because Monsoon includes Freezing. The only single-target slower worth your time is Sludge, and perhaps Poison on -xvh.

It is why I have given up writing the tier list, as I feel that intuition regarding which towers to build on a given random set is more valuable than a simple ranking. You have the big 4 towers which are above the rest due to their exponential gains (Incantation, Hydrochloric, Monsoon, Waterfall), and then you have everything else. Well, Immolation and Damnation are in a class of their own... don't get me started on those... :roll:

Guest Sancdar

I think it's still useful to know how to dance the line of max slow. If you already have Monsoon, Freezing, and Supernova, why would you build Sludges?

Guest GipFace

In that example, you wouldn't, as Solar would be a more effective way of dishing out splash damage. However, if you have 1x of each element, Sludge and Flamethrower are your best splash damage towers. I lean towards Sludge over Flamethrower simply because it mucks things up.

This seems rather silly, because in most cases, if you have a slowing tower available, you use it regardless of how good it is. Do I know that Sludge reduces the speed of its target by a factor of 3? Yes. Do I really care about that specific number? No.

Well, why I care about the numbers is when I'm creating a build I want to don't wanna waste lumber so that I can build another slowtower is the ones I allready have are allready over, or as well as over the maximum line of slow.

All I really care about is that it is a slower and that its improved version, Mire, slows the target even further.

If you want the best slowers period (notwithstanding Nova/Supernova stall), it's Living Statue and Virus. Being two-element tier III towers, they will almost never come into play in random mode. Plus, they only hit one target, and we've heard the complaints about target failing in multiplayer. If you're on pick mode, you might as well go for Monsoon, because Monsoon includes Freezing. The only single-target slower worth your time is Sludge, and perhaps Poison on -xvh.

It is why I have given up writing the tier list, as I feel that intuition regarding which towers to build on a given random set is more valuable than a simple ranking. You have the big 4 towers which are above the rest due to their exponential gains (Incantation, Hydrochloric, Monsoon, Waterfall), and then you have everything else. Well, Immolation and Damnation are in a class of their own... don't get me started on those... :roll:

Well.... I think I did know most of that allready but thx anyway ( you couldn't know that I knew ofcourse^^) maybe you can just answer this one for me instad :D:wink: :

The fisrt thing that made me need this was when I had the elements wlfdnat lvl 2 and having them all time slowed by ice and monsoon, is it nesessary to have the novas or will the slow be almost the same without them? (to spare the lumber, not the money of course xD)

I guess it's the best to have the nature as it's how it "should be" but I'm interested in how it works anyway 8)

hmm I don't seem to get answer on that, however if I understood you right you had began to write the list but give up. Maybe I can have the beginning of the list even though it's unfinished?

Maybe all the answers I need are there=)

Thanks

Sign in to follow this