EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dreamthief

[BETA 1] My beta report vol. 1

Guest Dreamthief

The death sound on the "rabbi" mob sounds wrong for the model.

Player 8 still has a desert region instead of a lush green region like players 1-7

First and second elementals summoned on very hard seemed a little easy.

There is an issue with the fog of war not completely recovering the middle area near the voting arena.

Sun towers should be modified so that their solar wave attack is their actual regular attack. Keep it the same duration and damage but change it to be their actual attack so that the tower can benefit from nearby beneficial buffs.

The text "An Elemental has been randomly summoned for you" Elemental should not be capitalized, and also the text would work better as any other color than green as most of the map is already green. Also, it gave that same message when the random gave me a pure essence instead, so it was not correct in that instance.

Some of the models like the toy boat, demolisher, and alot of the mechanical based ones... on very easy, they spawn with low hp, which makes them appear to be on fire even though they have taken no player damage... is there a way to make the fire effect appear later rather than having them be on fire right out of the gate?

The healing waves need to be scaled down a bit i think. They are fine on very hard, but on very easy they were quite overpowering compared to everything else. Is there a way to lower their regen rate based on the difficulty?

The mobs seem to spawn quicker in this version. I noticed this with some of the longer mobs like the knights and the dinosaurs. The dinosaurs spawn tail to head and look like they are walking snout to ass... Is there a way to make the waves, especially the more rectangularly based ones spawn slower? Like give them twice the hp, but spawn twice as slow? or something like that?

Some of the models like the lvl 19, and 32 knights seem to bunch up on the corners and leapfrog each other even though they all travel the same speed.

On very easy when I got to the ronald level, i got 2 ronalds, then 4 ronalds, then 8 ronalds, then i got a message saying something like, you win, good job..... Is that all there is going to be is those 3 wussy waves?

Thats everything i noticed that seemed off a bit.... Some things i would still like to see added are:

Id like to see the building costs modified so that the ends justify the means, ie building a damnation tower (lvl 3 dark and lvl 3 nature) costs the same amount whether you build it dark, dark, dark, dark, damnation, or dark dark nature, death, doom, damnation.

Id also like to see a way to upgrade a fire arrow or earth cannon tower (or any other elemental combination) to a lvl 2 tower of that element. It wouldn't really effect game play all that much, but would just be a little convenient rather than bulldozing, building and upgrading it.

I would also like to see... and im not sure how this would work since you don't build the tower directly, but if when you build an aoe tower, like a steam tower, if you could see how far its burn range extended. if that makes sense. I think that would help people who are new to the map develop better strategies as to placing a tower in one spot vs another.

Hope I didnt offend anyone with my suggestions, It really is a great map overall.

~Dreamthief~

Guest Sancdar

I'd just like to note that Elemental should be capitalized in this instance, although there's plenty of grammar to nitpick in the tips. I corrected a bunch a year ago but I don't think my corrections were ever implemented.

Sign in to follow this