EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
echinodermata

4.3 beta 1

First of all I would really like to express my appreciation to Karawasa, for producing this update, even through a period of low activity on the forum; and I encourage you to continue your dedication. Just want you to know we're still behind you.

I like the new "image" creeps. It's a good concept. I haven't found any bugs in it, but I will say that they tend to cause the "piling up" effect that occurs when there's a lot of creeps in a small amount of space (just like what happens when you use slowing). I haven't decided whether that's undesireable or not.

I'm iffy about the new "speed burst" creeps. They're not all that different from regular old fast creeps, and if I were to choose between the current speed burst creeps and the old fast creeps, I'd choose the old. Plus 100% speed for 1 second every 3 seconds (it's 1 mana per second right?) is not large enough to make it significantly distinct from regular fast. To really pursue the burst concept, if that is the point at all, it has to be more dramatic. Like teleporting forward every 5 seconds by a good chunk of distance. (Just an example; I'm not implying that it should be changed to a teleport.)

That's all for today.

I'm just interested in hearing if your impressions have changed since toying with the beta more. Specifically, the image creeps. Though, I'm holding out hope that you've taken a liking to fast creeps more ;).

Sign in to follow this