EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
jolin012

beta 16b general review

Here is the changelog:

-Race Elimination implemented into the game

Race mode, not too bad i guess. perhaps it would be better with 1 point per player you are faster than at each level. so that with 8 players, 7points to one player, 6 to another... ... and 0 points to the last player to finish a wave. Or? Actually I'd like to see both point gain, and life losses. but also life gains. 5 lives to each player when one player dies, like in competetive mode.

-Extreme Mode speed bonus nerfed to 50 down from 100 (to make it a more viable option)

yes, it was parhaps a bit too extreme before.

-Dialog menu restructured to give host option to select/skip additional modes (SW, EX, Race Elimination - RE)

I like that, not sure though which modes should be avdanced an d which should be simple modes. I would say chaos belongs to the more advanced modes.

-When a player casts a spell in Super Weapons mode it is now announced

That is very good and important, Even more important would be to announce which difficulty everybody selects at the start of the game, in the same way announced. So that ppl don't keep playing VE cause they like winning and thinks nobody can see which dif they are on (afaik 99% don't know of multiboard colors).

-Jinx/Hex renamed/remodeled/reiconed to Radius/Orbit

makes a bit more sense now :) but we still miss a metallic ball :(

-Fixed essence bug with cloned pure/periodic

excellent, i tested it too.

-Slight performance optimization to interest trigger

how was it not accurate before? what changed?

-Waygate now shifts camera view between builder and bringer

-Flesh Golem buffed to 6000/3000 from 4000/2000

this one was added change to 16b, and i still don't like it. I would like to see this fleshgolems concept replaced. I think there should be attention payed to this thread, if someone doesn't like that, tell why and it might be fixable.

-Blacksmith/Trickery/Well buffed to 1000 damage up from 500

um ok. i guess that works too. ye felt they should be more used in earlygame? or that 4ele builds needed a buff?

-Quark Tower buffed to 22% bonus per attack, max 9 levels from 11% and 18 levels

honestly didn't test yet the performance of beta 16(/b) quark.

-Armorer/Inciter (SW Mode) now immobile, larger scaling value, AoE of aura buffed to 1800 up from 1500, give buff effect to creeps and also have an effect when summoned

I just reviewed all spells of SW mode, and i must say I don't like it. where are the bombs? and, no offense, but are those spells really fun? At least i was thinking about not only more flashy effects but also more fun ways to screw someone over, like offer they some wine and their screen goes all dizzy and bombs ofcourse, and sure some creep buff and force sell is cool, but I don't like 3 creepbuffers beeing the main source for screwing the others over. While reviewing SW i found a bug btw, force sell can sell your own towers... at 100%... on pick..

Guest Sancdar

It doesn't say who gets targeted, though.

It doesn't say who gets targeted, though.

true, and that is wrong agreed. i posted it somewhere as far as i remember, but looks like i forgot it here..

Sign in to follow this