EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maane

[BIG Idea] New UI?

Guest Maane

Not sure if this has been posted before or not, because today was the first time I decided to check out the EleTD forums, BUUTT:

Have you ever wondered if it would be a cool idea to redo the actual UI of the game for EleTD? If you don't know what I mean, I'm talking about redoing the graphics of the bar on the top of the screen, and the interface on the bottom (minimap/buttonpanel/portrait/info). Some RPG's and other games have done this before, as well as some custom campaigns, and I think that if EleTD had one, it could make this game THAT much bigger. I saw some of mrChaks work, and he is very good, maybe he could help with it?

Guest minddrifter

That would be really cool, I like that idea. ;)

Guest Maane

Yeah, it would. There could be the Elements flowing across the UI in the order like the MapPreview image.. mmm. Sounds good to me!

Guest Sancdar

A large increase in map size for no appreciable benefit? Alright!

Guest Warcryptic

Sometimes things repell, but sometimes these things attract. If you do this, what could be fun, be really professional or strict about this.

It would for sure make the map bigger.

(If you would get something nice looking can I use it in my TD? Trying to find a nice looking. But I am not a god painter.)

I got an old hacked photoshop :?

Guest mrchak

I've had a little experience doing this (for a Greek Mythology TD I was working on a while ago) and I agree with a lot of the comments; it can really make the map file big, with no apparent benefit; the blp files can be compressed, but they are pretty large (it could potentially add 300-500 kb to the map file size).

It could be fun, if we want to make a BLING version of the map people can play if they don't mind a huge map file, and and there can be the normal one. It sounds like something I might work on at some point, but not high priority. If it's not done really well it will be an eyesore and really bad for the game.

As a side note, anybody who needs a good graphics editor check out "Gimp" for raster graphics or "Inkscape" for vector graphics. Both are open source and available for both Windows or Mac. http://www.osalt.com

Raster and Vector grapichs?

Whats the difference.

I want a program to make it a bit watery for my flooded TD.

Edit: Is there a try limit or is it 100% fre?

Guest mrchak

Use Gimp for the UI, you want to create TGA files. You will need to learn how to use alpha settings.

Also check out paint.net, its a free raster graphics program which might do the job as well.

I'm suggesting these programs because they are free and open-source, they are not necessarily FAST TO LEARN.

Sign in to follow this