EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
dvdlesher

Special wave handling [also with poll]

What do you think the hardest kind of special wave?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please post what you think the best type of tower to handle these situation! (not considering the elements), but you may write what towers you usually use

1.Composite

2.Healing

3.Undead

4.Mechanical

5.Fast

You may write all kind of tower beside periodics, that's the best tower in this game!!

For me,

1. AoE or SingleTarget is Ok

- Usually I use quaker, tsunami, whatever AoE tower available

2. Hmm... Now I'm confused, really..

- No idea

3. AoE

- Quaker,muck,roots,all those slowing towers

4. SingleTarget

- Zealot,laser,impulse

5. SingleTarget

- Same with number 4, but with some singletarget slowing towers

1.Composite

in the early waves, use non-elemental arrows/cannons (well if you can micro as well as kirby). after that, best towers available.. quaker, zealot, tidal etc.. corrosion/enchantment would be good.. voodoo/polar as well here..

2.Healing

Idea here would be to kill the creeps as fast as possible. a killed creep doesn't heal.. you could argue that single-target which kills the creeps directly is stronger here but with slow, splash towers can be just as effective..

3.Undead

Splash the best here.. quaker, tidal's spell, muck with help from corrosion/voodoo.

4.Mechanical

Single-target wins here. Zealot, impulse, gunpowder, enchantment..

5.Fast

Use the aoe slows here.. With the faster creep speed, single-target has a advantage over splash here without strong slowing.. in extreme mode, arrows win cannons..

gives me an idea to add a wave-by-wave analysis for my guide...

I like to tackle healing and fast with single target. For mech I prefer long range at 5 and st at 3 and 9. Much easier on rnd, when I can relocate. Undead is splash aoe ofc. On composite I need luck, or a good build, or both. :)

ofcourse splash takes care of undead, and in most cases normal wave too and on composite I like to prepare a relocation if needed.

I like to use quaker ot tidal or such on healing cause it deals out the damage so quick that the creeps dont have time to regen. Aoe ain't that bad if on a longpass, even though all take damage, aka all may regen, they still don't have such a long time to regen before they're slain ;)

Zealout is also nice on healing playing at around area 3. on this level if I remember I tend to give them as long 1stpass as possible, so that it can fire pretty long before switching target on first pass, that means, fewer creep take more damage, and fewer can use their regeneration. The good point in zealout is that most of it's power comes on the second pass, and once the creep show up on the second pass, they're toasted :) .

On fast waves it is a good idea to use ST so my zealout would move to area 6 instead of 3 or if I have another singletarget that'd work too.

When mech arrives I like to have those rather long secondpasses like my zealouts at area 3, they take care of them. It's impostant that the zealouts are located on the right side of area 3, so that they can still fire at those arriving from area 2, but those who turn on shield and become vulnerable on the right side of 3 Must be Highest Priority Target! unless you have itme to micro your zealouts ofcourse. Btw, when playing zealout at area 4, always place them on the lower parts of area 4, so that second pass creeps are highest priority, those that are still at the first pass will easily be killed anyway without any hits on first pass as zealouts will be fully charged when 2nd pass is their turn.

I like magic to catch bosses and leaks and especially mechanicals, cause it doesn't matter if he turns on his shield when he reaches my catchers at 9, cause what matters is anyway the mana, which stays maxed if they turn shield on, aka, only need a few seconds of firing.

i laughed when I saw the poll results, all 4 in unanimous agreement ^^;

1.Composite

SUPER ARROW TOWERS

2.Healing

Oh no, watery minions! Dune worms can also cause problems here, esp because there aren't that many nature towers that I favor.

not much change of setup needed here, just need to be prepared to build MORE. Of course most favored would be something like a shitload of zealots, but realistically I probably stay on 2-pass assuming i'm already playing at a 2-pass position.

jolin makes a good point here that tidal is an excellent tower for this.

3.Undead

Amplified earth, quaker, muck, nova, windstorm, etc etc. many choices. just don't build impulse as your first triple right before wave 21. ;)

4.Mechanical

-space towers out a bit more.

-zealot works great here...long range/AoE towers not so much.

5.Fast

-pray =P

hardest here are wisps and troll batriders, though more so the former usually for me. Impulse could be okay, or gunpowder =X

I must say that if it is not composite I hate undead most.

Don't ask me wy :P but that's the kind of wave I leak the most of (extreme mode usually)

But shredders shred me also.

I will post my counters next week. (I am gone now, and I actaully just play and it usaully gets good, pure randomness(P.S. I use my force.) I will know when I play :mrgreen:

I must say that if it is not composite I hate undead most.

Don't ask me wy :P but that's the kind of wave I leak the most of (extreme mode usually)

But shredders shred me also.

I will post my counters next week. (I am gone now, and I actaully just play and it usaully gets good, pure randomness(P.S. I use my force.) I will know when I play :mrgreen:

well, that's easy to explain. if you play undead aoe won't solve your problems:) the creeps are to fast, and spread out so that the aoe damage is alot less effective.

Haha, you guys kinda hate the special composite wave, huh?

What I mean is:

- Wave 32 Composite+Mechanical

- Wave 56 Composite+Undead

- Wave 18 Composite+Fast

There is no composite healing, am I correct?

Oopss, I forgotten about them... Coz I rarely get to wave 60... Hehehe

well.. the only 2 problematic composite waves are 32 and 56.. which gives problem being mech and undead.. 32 being mech demanding single-target towers, where our tendency is building up the aoe slows.. 56 is slightly easier but is a problem without periodic/pures (more so in random mode).. 18 is much easier as overbuilding slightly/partial reloaction (on random mode) does the trick..

now.. this is content i should add to my guide..

Hmm...

5 ppl on mechanical

1 ppl on undead

I guess you guys like to use AoE tower also huh?

Maybe because in early version of ETD, we were "guided" to use AoE towers...

Well the reason I chosed undead, is because if I play extreme, they are a pain.

And I usually only leak a few if there is a mechanical waves.

But if I leak an undead wave I usually leak alot.

So if there is a mechanical wave I usually leak a few.

If there is an undead wave I maybe don't usually leak, but when I do I usually leak alot or die.

(this is my opinion)

Sign in to follow this