EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Serious Cat

Money tower

Hi just notice that this tower is also quite unbalanced(i might be wrong). not it terms of dps, but it terms of potential dmg output within the whole map. i mean it could provide a huge amount of money, which means more towers, which is very viable on endgame.

i understand that money hoarding this game's mechanic and should be a factor for strategy, but currently, this mechanic, it is very inclined with this tower, and since theres no tower that rivals this, if a player want to exploit the interest mechanic to its maximum potential, he is forced to have light fire and earth..

endgame turns out be a battle of money hoarding with this tower instead of strategical combination of towers..

Yeah, I've been under the impression for a while now that this tower is pretty overpowered. Thing is though, most people don't know how to use it or where to place it, so most people actually believe it's underpowered. Been trying to figure out a way to apply better balance with it so that it's definitely nerfed, but also receive a simultaneous buff. The actual damage output, even if buffed, I don't think would be bad, because there's a number of towers that are easily better for single-target, so next patch, we could bump its damage, and drop its effect.

Though, we'll also need to adjust a particular achievement's viability, cause to my knowledge, it's only possible to achieve via the power of Money tower.

Not to my knowledge. All of the scores on the leaderboard that are something along the lines of 100 million or higher are all hacked runs or there's an abuse in the game we don't know about.

Currently the highest scores without cheating require gold towers to take advantage of the 30% gold bounty bonus. This allows you to sell the majority of them later to build other towers. 

Personally id like to see a rework for haste towers, too much of their dps is wasted at the later stages of the game. This is significantly more important past level 19 in express and 34 in classic.

gunpowder towers need a major buff. Of all the dual towers they are significantly weaker than their counterparts the range does not make up for the significant damage disparity, testing in god mode suggests at least 100 base damage should be added, as much as 125 might be needed, or an increase in attack speed and detonation rate to compensate for the difference.

Flooding towers should see a slight increase in their projectile speed or the delay from activating the damage application as a dot needs to be removed. 

Mushroom towers should have their aoe reduced slightly, projectile speed increased.

incantation should have the bottom end debuff for all units increased by 3% at both levels currently both jinx and corrosion outperform this tower at all stages except when killing bosses making it significantly weaker after level 50, a small baseline buff should bring it more in line with its counterparts across a full wave. This will open up more options for quad element builds.

gold towers need the bounty bonus reduced to 10%/20%. Reduce attack rate to 1 sec base. 

Increase penalty for selling level 2 towers to 15%, level 3 to 20%. Periodical to 30%

Debuffs should not persist through death for single target debuffs. 

Flamethrower towers debuff detonating twice as an example.

Debuff from polar tower should refresh the calculation based on current health on application currently debuffs from other towers cause the calculation to apply to maximum health without reducing the health if the current health is already below the calculated health.

attacks that land after a unit crosses the exit causes a units pathing to be lost resuling in multiple lives to be deducted as the unit zig zags between the entrance and exit. Occasionally this results in a unit freezing off map in a location the player cannot see. Suggest adding invulnerable buff to be applied between the two points.

Final suggestion, remove the cheaters from the leaderboard. At the very least patch the exploits allowing people to post scores from god mode. Tired of of seeing 4m on express mode. You know damn good and well those scores aren’t legit. Anything over 850k needs to go in express,

anything above 2.5m needs to go in classic. If their score is legit they should have no problem getting it again.

Separate mobile scores from desktop version. 

Thank you for those suggestions! While we are not actively developing the mobile version anymore, your ideas are still valid as most of the towers you mentioned will be in ETD 2.

@WindStrike Take a look at the above post.

Sign in to follow this