EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Tower Brainstorm

Hey Guys,

I am currently struggling to find good replacements (i.e. remaking) for two towers. I'd like to pitch it to you guys and see what comes up. The towers are:

Ice - W+L: This tower needs to be some sort of damage dealer and not support (i.e. no slow, armor reduction etc.).

Flame - F+N: Same as above.

Looking forward to seeing what gets brainstormed.

jinx had a pretty interesting concept.. many had some experiments with the tower although it didn't feature in posted replays. maybe what it needs is a buff (i'm not sure how) or variations to the ability rather than a 'remake' ..

really hard to think of new abilities without it being too similar to something already in the game..

Sorry hole, the reason why it wasn't used wasn't just cause it was too weak, but because it only worked in like one situation of the game, and at one area (therefore I have had use of it in random once or twice, not only talking of killing elementals), so it does need a replacement

maybe i got kind of carried away trying jinx for the forum draft #1 and my 4th -vhsrcmsm game..

.. true that's it's too specific and needs to be changed.. not sure but i'll fancy the concept in some form in it's replacement..

(derived from the trickery tower idea of spirit link/dispersion)

jinx tower: tower has a range of damage. deals damage to a primary target. the targeted creep is spirit linked to 3 other random creeps ('randomly chosen jinxed creeps'). the 3 other creeps will take a certain % of the damage dealt to the primary target.

a mix of electricity (bounce damage) and voodoo (damage amplification) to some extent..

something of that concept..

But if we take away the slow, swap flame and ice special abilitys (flame would make creeps burn, and ice would make them shiver and have sorta reduced defence)

-----------------------------------------

Brainstorm ideas for ice and flame.

Flame: pheinix fire.

I hope you all know how pheinix fire works.

Pros, this will stop all that yells get and autoattack for flame and ice. Etc it will autofire itself.

Cons, you can't micro the tower.

Other, it will not fire at the same target twice until the buff has ended.

Ice: flames old ability *2

Like flames old ability without slow and shoots 2 targets.

Pros, it will fire at 2 creeps making it more vaule of the little 5% then before. 500gold were just not worth it for that boost that didn't do anything when the creep only has 50 hp left :? then the 5% is totally vasted and with the slow gone it will only be a single target without specials.

Other, it would have half damage ofcourse (or maybe not half with slow gone)

Cons, it will sorta be more support, still micro able a bit.

---------------------------------

This were just fast ideas for brainstorm on fire and ice hope you understood what I meant.

How about this: We don't have to leave shortpasss behind.

Flame tower. Sets creep on fire dealing x fire damage per second. Lasts 5 seconds.

(x beeing a suitable amount)

aka, old ice without slow, new numbers if needed. Would be pretty unique as the only shortpass(or micro) tower, and has my full support as long as it stacks with smith well trickery and armor reduction.

Sun could even do that with an aoe, as in the creep it shines on for a few secs radiates on neighbouring targets too. This attack would be called "shine".

If one of the two towers (ice, flame) would have an st dot attack and the other an st hit, but an aoe dot, we could keep the placement for both, have then at least a bit different, and removed the dmg inc/st slow.

In any case, one of them should become an st dot tower, like an ice without slow. I just feel that we have to give sun. It's one of the oldest towers, and if one of the two gets a cool new functionality, it should be flame/sun imo.

but jinx was my favorite =(

[/whine]

jinx had a pretty interesting concept.. many had some experiments with the tower although it didn't feature in posted replays. maybe what it needs is a buff (i'm not sure how) or variations to the ability rather than a 'remake' ..

really hard to think of new abilities without it being too similar to something already in the game..

WHATT!! There are some people who still like jinx?

yep, there are still some who like the concept

just because I help you answer this it doesn't mean I'm one in the group *hides away*.

i still try to use it even though it's mediocre. =/

i mean come on, creeps warping backward!!!

whatever, it will prolly be changed in some form in the near future.

in random it can be used in certain situations yes. but there's not much success in pick unless it's one to help boss-slaying or so.

what if you're really, really, really lucky? =P

i was using it yesterday when trying WWWLLLDDFFE and wanting a source of darkness damage, I resorted to hex towers. Course, I didn't finish the build....hmmmmmmmm....

This was under forum draft conditions, that's why.

Sign in to follow this