EleTD.com
emptimd

Cant stop the attack of the Life tower

It's strange but i can stop any tower from attacking creeps, expect the life one. I have disabled auto attack in settings and it dosent help. And i saw on replays, that other ppl also cant stop the life tower. Thx.

Any tower that has a targeting rule has this, so if it automatically attacks the furthest target or lowest health target it will require you to cancel its attack point until they are out of range or you want to start attacking again. Chances are there might be a fix coming for all towers to have a toggle for this, I can't say for certain since I haven't poked my head into it much.

I'm still not sure the reason why people want to be able to stop their towers' attacks in the first place. Is it, maybe, trying to guarantee last hits on stuff like life towers or something? It just seems... excessive. I suppose we could implement it, I just need a reason to justify it.

oh wow I can give you reasons:

• you saved up 30000 gold and you have an easy round? -> stop tower attacks after you killed most creeps to get another income proc or two
  • you have a easy round and want to give the kills to your life/gold towers ->Stop the others towers

• Elemental boss kill with light tower. 
    • creeps already spawning 
    • Elemental boss runs around the corner and your light tower is losing his 20 stacks because he is hitting a creep.
    • With stop you hit stop and w8 3 sec until your light tower can attack the Elemental boss again.
  • stopping attack for a short time to prevent a kill on a vengeance creep. Sometimes it is messing you up when some towers kill too many of them 
  • timelaps creep leaks you hit stop so you don't lose 6 lives on a single frog.

5 reasons of the top of my head.

2 hours ago, WindStrike said:

I'm still not sure the reason why people want to be able to stop their towers' attacks in the first place. Is it, maybe, trying to guarantee last hits on stuff like life towers or something? It just seems... excessive. I suppose we could implement it, I just need a reason to justify it.

You cancel attacks to make each wave last as long as possible and maximize interest. If you kill 28 creeps by the time the wave reaches the center of the maze, canceling attacks lets you stall for an extra 30 seconds and kill the remaining two at the last moment.The leaderboard is currently dominated by lifetower builds that reach 150k+ networth, and they all use this tactic from wave 1.

EDIT: OP, you can cancel life tower attacks by spamming S. It's pretty difficult to do, though. Maybe the top score guys use scripts or console commands, similar to the right-click one that was popular in Dota until the recent patch.

Edited by SrslySirius

Whelp, thar goes the balance of the game right there. Oh well. Dunno if toggle attack will make it into next version or not, but we'll try to get it in soonish.