EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
WindStrike

How to look up replays

(This method comes courtesies of NOSna in the IRC)

Wondering how to look up a replay for the DOTA 2 version of Element TD? Fear not, for you totally can... through a bit of a roundabout process, but it works.

• First, get the player name of the person you wanna search off the Leaderboard.
  • Then, go to Dotabuff and in the top-right corner, do a search of that name.
  • Select the profile from the search results that matches (probably the one with the same avatar).
  • If that player has a match history, click on any of the matches, doesn't matter which.
    • If they don't have a match history or the most recent match is prior to DOTA 2 Reborn, then this method won't work.
  • In the top-left corner, it should say Match followed by a bunch of numbers. That 'bunch of numbers' is a MatchID.
  • Then, load up DOTA 2, go to the Watch tab, then the Replays tab. In the top-right corner, there should be a search box that says 'Search for MatchIDs'. Enter that 'bunch of numbers' there.
  • This will load up the match. Find the player in the match, and select them. This'll load you into their profile.
  • Go to Recent Games, and any game listed that says it's a Custom Game with Io as the Hero Played will be it. To match it with the Leaderboard, find the game duration that matches most closely, and wah-lah, that's the replay you want to find!

Pretty roundabout, eh?

Regarding the replay itself:

• If you find the camera is locked, in the top-right corner of the screen, switch the Camera from Directed to Free.
  • There is a bit of a bug where trying to exit the replay in the top-right corner by pressing the X doesn't work, due to the Interest Timer blocking it. For now, escape with the Menu Button in the top-left corner, and Disconnect from there. Dunno if this bug is fixable.

No, I just haven't played a match in a while, lol. There is an alternate way that lets you skip the first half of the steps. If you're friends with that player, you can load up dota, and load up their profile from the in-game friends menu, and it won't matter if they haven't played a standard dota match in a while.

Is it possible to hide games on the recent activity list?

I tried looking up the #1 player on express, but in his recent activity it didn't show any ele td.

16 minutes ago, RCDM38 said:

I tried looking up the #1 player on express, but in his recent activity it didn't show any ele td.

People can change names, there's also a number of cases of multiple people sharing the exact same name. Also, if it's the guy with a Wario avatar, that's not a legit replay, we've been wiping his scores due to some console shenanigans on his part. We're gonna try a fix to it soon and hope said fix works to keep him from breaking the game.

12 hours ago, RCDM38 said:

Custom games does not show up in the match list per default. You need to change your display settings first:

2qKPZUu.png

On 2/24/2016 at 8:18 AM, shadowart said:

Custom games does not show up in the match list per default. You need to change your display settings first:

2qKPZUu.png

I think it's on by default. I never turned mine on, as have my friends and they all show custom games. Thanks, it's nice to be able to turn it off so in the future you can prevent people just stealing the current meta strategy and then spamming it to get a high score.

afaik its just a toggle feature, so if you turn it off, that just means that custom games won't appear in the list of your recent games YOU see anymore (in order to find real games quicker)

others can still see your custom games if they get to your dota2 profile and have that toggle feature turned on

u won't be able to prevent that everyone is able to see your custom games other than by making your steam and dotabuff profile private and always play single player (its already too late if you've played multiplayer before, since they can just look up the other players games and by that get to your dota2 profile ingame)

also you shouldnt accept any friend requests than :b

better method :

Open dota add friend -> insert friend ID from the leaderboard, which opens his ingame Profile. (You don't add him as a friend like that)

and then:

Go to Recent Games, and any game listed that says it's a Custom Game with Io as the Hero Played will be it. To match it with the Leaderboard, find the game duration that matches most closely, and wah-lah, that's the replay you want to find!

In the next Dota 2 update we will be able to get the replay ID straight from dota 2 itself to use on our leaderboards. So this method will no longer be required.

so what happened to custom games replays? I cannot download any from anyone any more. what the fuck? this also lead to a cosiderable drop in games being played for eletd. 

Sign in to follow this