EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
BIGBIMBO

Life Tower

life towers are single target though. if you go too deep into life towers you wont get enough AOE damage.

life towers are a nice way to end/win the game, but because you can kill creeps faster with other kind of towers you wont get the highest score by spaming them.

Regarding the life + interest abuse trick, where you kill all but one creep, let it leak, and rinse + repeat by abusing life towers, that's getting fixed, soooo that "abuse" will no longer work. Life towers are definitely strong, buuuut until I see someone beat my 360k score build w/ life towers without that abuse trick, I don't think they need to be nerfed.

Well right now i only play normal so probaly nothing counts. But only spamming life towers and later some slow/attack speed buff actually made me break my record 250 frogs. Maybe on higher diffs its not that OP. But it certainly is on lower

Just about everything is OP on normal. I haven't attempted a normal run yet, but some of my stronger builds get 250+ frog kills on Hard difficulty. Good tower, but I honestly wouldn't try to spam it for frog wave. If you want proof of its relatively low DPS, check out my thread on DPS/Gold Values. Having a few at the end might be worth it to finish the creeps, but spam a different tower if you really want damage.

Hmm i get what you are going at, i really should try higher difficulty's. Weird thing is i have tried a lot of towers on normal, and followed some insane run builds. And never got over 130 frog kills. The 510 lifes going into the boss rounds just really helped. all to 3/4 of frogs died on first round. the rest on the second. 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rollow/screenshot/307738934721245649

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rollow/screenshot/307738934721314091

500 lives is excessive. If you built 2 periodic towers just before the frog wave you could probably kill well over 200 frogs. if I were in your position at the time these screenshots were taken, I would even sell some of those life towers to get enough gold for 2 periodic towers.

Good to see WindStrike have such an amazing score, but it's not related to balance.

I don't want to say "Nerf", but some changes should be made.

It's not bad to have some OP towers in TD game, but currently life tower is restricting build diversity in early waves.

The real issue is, you can go directly to it safely.

Normally, you can choose any towers to beat early waves, as long as you don't lose life point, these choice are equally good (temporarily).

But if you can choose life tower to beat early and even mid waves with getting life bonus, it becomes a BETTER opening strategy for most build containing nature and life.

I prefer to see life tower acting like a functional tower as money tower, which can not be used as early main DPS and getting advantage safely.

life towers are pretty bad right know because you wont be able to kill all waves <30secs with life towers only which is extremely important for getting a high score atm

1 hour ago, Helpstone said:

life towers are pretty bad right know because you wont be able to kill all waves <30secs with life towers only which is extremely important for getting a high score atm

Which is why we need to review the scoring system, as it downright eliminates this type of towers that aren't focused on "just kill everything ASAP"

I don't think life towers need a nerf. As already mentioned, Their damage is quite low. Frog hunting builds designed properly have far more than 2x the damage of life tower spam, so despite having lower lives to work with, they don't need them because higher hp frogs won't leak.

Why would anyone build life tower spam for frog hunting? Most players only use them in early waves and switch to other towers later.

I have to agree, in fact i was about to make a thread on this. With 5 life towers, 4 eidolon toewers 4 light and dark towers i got up to 265 Frog Bosses!!!@[email protected] i had like 120+ life......

However a friend was not so lucky, he only went up to 80+ frog bosses qnd he didnt have life towers he had other towers....

6 hours ago, Beachsamurai said:

I have to agree, in fact i was about to make a thread on this. With 5 life towers, 4 eidolon toewers 4 light and dark towers i got up to 265 Frog Bosses!!!@[email protected] i had like 120+ life......

However a friend was not so lucky, he only went up to 80+ frog bosses qnd he didnt have life towers he had other towers....

You can still get about 400 life and nearly 300 frog kills on insane, but your score will be nothing near the top scores right now, because your speed bonus will get broken at some time

So no need to nerf life towers atm imo.

In terms of score Lifetowers are bad, very bad. But i think they have a place, as they allow not so good players to reach later waves, instead of getting eliminated like wave 20-30 on hard. By that they get more experience playing the game. I remember eletd in starcraft 2 where it was about getting most frog kills, there life towers were quite op, as they allowed you to build up quite some hp-buffer.

edit: forgot to say: nature towers are too op, atm (as only towers and slow towers in general are underpowered, in terms of getting a good 900k+ score)

just remove the speed bonus thing from the score. rush should only mean that the waves follow relatively fast on each other, but not necessarily that you have to kill them so fast after entering.

We have nerfed Nature. Speed bonus combo streak has been removed. Rush is meant more for fun than score attack. So we have dealt with it accordingly.

Sign in to follow this