EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
GuruDingo

Gold Rush Strategy?

Is it viable to focus on light, fire, and earth to rush 1-2 upgraded gold towers early to maximize purchasing power later on? They're strong towers with good buildup, and they also allow you to have early blacksmith towers aswell.

I also find that nature is a good complementary element to this strategy. I'm becoming very fond of using flame and moss towers to weaken creeps before they get mopped up by the gold towers, and the amplify tower feels good for further boosting your farming potential.

Are there any other towers that shouldn't be overlooked when you're building early gold?

I'm a newb, only played 3 games, but I noticed that Amplification tower is good. Also Life Towers are awesome - get 2 as soon as possible and you end up with 100+ lives.

Gold tower build is tricky as heck. As a straight rush, it's a terrible idea, undead and swarm will screw you over, plus anyone camping the entrance will screw you over instantly. As a second or third tower though, it can be fantastic, and it's easily attributed to giving me about a 20k networth leap by end-game (which is part of how I got that top score on the leaderboard). Generally, how I do it is get a tower with lots of AoE first, so Flamethrower, Nova, or Quake, and then yoink a Gold tower, and then whatever 4-element combo you've got, get one of each of the remaining triple-element towers. From there, aim for level 2 versions of those, and then you can build into level 3 elements or go 5-ele or 6-ele.

5 hours ago, WindStrike said:

Gold tower build is tricky as heck. As a straight rush, it's a terrible idea, undead and swarm will screw you over, plus anyone camping the entrance will screw you over instantly. As a second or third tower though, it can be fantastic, and it's easily attributed to giving me about a 20k networth leap by end-game (which is part of how I got that top score on the leaderboard). Generally, how I do it is get a tower with lots of AoE first, so Flamethrower, Nova, or Quake, and then yoink a Gold tower, and then whatever 4-element combo you've got, get one of each of the remaining triple-element towers. From there, aim for level 2 versions of those, and then you can build into level 3 elements or go 5-ele or 6-ele.

thanks for the tip!

Sign in to follow this