EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Megadramon

Solid map!

Just played a few games of this on Dota2 and the experience is just as it was in previous versions of the game. :P Still a lot to get used to such as not being able to upgrade basic towers, hot keys; etc... Scoreboard unfortunately wasn't working, and there's a huge lag issue in 8 player games. It's also weird how basic towers in AP don't give 100% refund value, but i'm assuming it's intended now? Also the income timer should have a proper timer instead of a bar for visuals. Overall, though, great map! Might be playing this map over Dota for a while hahaha

Glad you enjoy it :).

Scoreboard is a bug caused by a player disconnecting. We will be fixing that soon. We reduced the default map to 3 players and max map to 6 players because of lag. Once Valve provides dedicated servers then this should be a non-issue. You are correct about basic towers in AP.

36 minutes ago, Megadramon said:

Just played a few games of this on Dota2 and the experience is just as it was in previous versions of the game. :P Still a lot to get used to such as not being able to upgrade basic towers, hot keys; etc... Scoreboard unfortunately wasn't working, and there's a huge lag issue in 8 player games. It's also weird how basic towers in AP don't give 100% refund value, but i'm assuming it's intended now? Also the income timer should have a proper timer instead of a bar for visuals. Overall, though, great map! Might be playing this map over Dota for a while hahaha

Yeah, that's fully intended. It was to prevent a certain abuse trick where you pop the towers down and then sell right before each interest tick. Now, attempting to do so will give you net gain of +0.

On the flipside, it's totally doable in random still, though even despite that trick, I've still gotten trashed on random due to bad randomized orders, lol. Glad to know you like it!

So true, great map, having fun testing a lot of things, thanks a lot ^^. I have one doubt though, how does the extra gold from buying pure essence work? It says it depends on the wave and difficulty, but how so? Does buying one earlier give more extra gold than buying latter, or is it the other way around?

Pure essence buying gold is currently  ((waveNumber+5) ^ 2) * 2.5 * difficultyBountyBonus)  so it gives more gold buying it later.

I see, I would argue that buying earlier should give more gold overall, since if you go straight elements 1, 2 and 3 you will take a lot of damage and have a hard time killing elementals 2 and 3 with your low lvl towers. Anyway, is good to know for sure. Right now I am trying to beat insane, rush, chaos, random and I am being totally trashed, ahahhahaa. The moment a wave with a shield or resurrection pops up I am done for, because I can't seem to make a set up that can keep killing them fast enough.

Sign in to follow this