EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
holepercent

Wave 32: Goblin Shredders

Wave 32: Goblin Shredders (composite, mechanical)

To most players, this is probably one of the hardest waves in the game. many players have been shredded by this wave.. What strategies do you use on this wave? Discuss your builds in both pick and random modes.

Possibilites

WDNEF: roots, muck, zealot, well, blacksmith will take care of the wave (even in VHX)..

Jolin used relocated mass nova in random mode..

So, what builds do YOU use for this wave..

As discussed in another thread, super arrows are a little more efficient here than elemental arrows. However it's impractical to rely on just those, since you'd have to build SO many.

Basically, just have a good regular defense, and spam a shit ton of elemental arrows too.

I think the main reason why I get shreddered so much is a bad habbit: Aoe slow as first triple. It was a good plan back in 3.0, but nowadays single target really has its use. I usually remember the shredders when I'm about to add my 3rd aoe/splash triple on pick, and go "damn". :) I really should use st more.

ST = Single target.

I used the term "single target" in the same post, so I thought it is ok to abrieviate the second time. :oops:

good point. we tend to start with the aoe slows first which aren't the best against the wave. Against mechnical, splash isn't as strong. A balance between aoe and ST is pretty important now.. with this wave coming at 32, the planning needs to start early.. the slows are not enough for this wave. This wave demands a strong ST damage tower like zealot or something..

yeah, I like it with nova or quaker, to not mention vapor, or freezing (all in random mode)

I use troots at 4 and 6 and 2 more triples if i have roots often on rnd

Well I think the best triple tower to deal with this wave is laser tower! 1st, build on V, then rebuild it on IX. Well, at least it will reduce your leaks to 0 or 1... (Sometime I missed, dont know how)

(sorry) Zealot won't do much good because that tower gotta pick up the attackspeed 1st. And mostly, they won't be able to catchup with the shredder movespeed

Impulse will be good also...

Sorry If I'm kinda missed the topics, but how do you guys deals with wave 56 (deathknight) if you doesn't have any pure, and no periodics..? These guys is driving me nuts!!

no pure, and no periodics?

pray :lol:

of course strong AoE towers help, like maybe Mire, Earthshaker, Tsunami, whatever is available. But even with pure darkness or pure light, i'd be scared myself...

pray :lol:

Nice advice, hehe

of course strong AoE towers help, like maybe Mire, Earthshaker, Tsunami, whatever is available. But even with pure darkness or pure light, i'd be scared myself...

Hmm, u'd think? I gotta try those then..

Well it -is- an undead wave, so naturally AoE towers will be more efficient. This is somewhat offset by the fact that it's composite so there's damage reduction, but it's probably better than any other options. Just don't try to hold up with single target towers like velocity, vulcan, magic, etc. Whereas zealot is preferred over quaker when dealing with shredders, it's the other way around for death knights...

...at least, that's what the theorycraft dictates =pp

Undead is (kinda like) opposite of mechanical, eh?

AoE attack for undead, ST attack for mechanical

I got your point of view!

undead and mechnical.. 2 opposites..

thus, a successful build needs a balance between single target and splash. although in the endgame, especially with full slows, splash is decent against mechnical.. if there is enough damage and some cover for units that put on their shield during the first pass..

either that play in chaos mode and hope to get these irritating waves early...

I think that's what everyone hoping for when they choose ChaosMode, holepercent...

Sign in to follow this