EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
dvdlesher

Tips and critics are needed

you pretty much owned the game.. with only 6 leaks.. although all 6 elements at 40 pretty much ensures a completed game.. and a pretty high game completion rate to put out so many replays.. well played..

This is the one I found interesting and also strange.

Why do you use poison tower? This is the most "useless" (I think) tower and hard to rely on

And BTW, you always start with 2 element, and an interest. You do pretty well, man

poison is indead a weak tower, seeing limited use maybe on darkness waves or as an intermediate to muck towers..

gone were the days of b5 where poison was one of the strongest towers...

and it's common to get 1 interest in the openings of short mode...

anyone of you game for a round of the forum draft?

Ahh, if only I had a decent computer at my hands..

Last time someone said "this tower sucks" it was sun, basically the same as poison is now (line based dmg). And I released a replay, owning the map with sun. So this calls for a poison/gunpoweder replay with a little muck for slowing (kirby said "gunpowder sucks"). But I can't do one right now. :(

Guest Timberwolf

I remember the "Sun FTW" replay.

I would argue you "owned the map" with Monsoon, and happened to have some sun towers built with it. The replay would have fallen apart in a hurry without it. That was 3.0 for you. Monsoon and after that it didn't really matter as long as you massed it.

i dont think poison is =that= bad. can be useful vs water undead waves. but id never keep it for that long, muck is just so much better.

btw as for gunpowder:

mortar dmg/sec/gold = 2.275

gunpowder dmg/sec/gold = 1.515

focused earth = 1.481

amplified earth = 1.333

so in terms of raw dmg/sec/gold even gunpowder is better than focused earth! I think the splash damage in this case balances it out, but mortar is definitely a significant improvement, and more so than focused earth is over amplified earth. I think maybe the bias is just that I'm not using enough of gunpowder/mortar. Like I'll have one in the middle, and be disappointed when it doesn't do that much mid-game...in reality it's efficient, but not enough...needs more to do anything.

I trust the numbers, and stand corrected~ ^^

@Timberwolf - Nah, that monsoon was just for decoration.. I liked the swirly noise.. Ok, you got me there, but still my replay showed that sun can be a useful splash, I even played at 7 and 4 there. :)

@Kirby - True, pollution needs to significantly outdamage muck to be usefull. Pollution has 0.9 dmg/gold/sec and basically hits everything in a general direction. Muck does 1.65 dmg/gold/sec in 300 splash (less but good), so poison is to weak. Focused fire (same splash radius as muck) does 1,75 dmg/gold/sec, so pollution needs to get at least 1,75 too and muck is overpowered. I'll do a post in the dev section about this.

holepercent : How do I play a part on forum draft? I read it already, but still don't get it.... How does it works?

At last, Cisz appear in this topic... I think that "sun" and the "new poison" tower got a big difference on the attack speed, and also the elemental damage is different

Hmm... Actually I don't have a account on IGn and I'm not a online player..

Althrough, I got a patent nickname, "lesher"

Still possible to join forum draft?

I think this topic is kinda abandoned... Well, time to revive it again!

This is my replay (of course it is), and the random elemental summoning is totally BAD!!

I wonder, if you were me, would you do the same thing on this replay...?

BAD ELEMENTS!!! [1.22].w3g

ah.. randOOmed.. there's nothing much you can do in these games..

make the best of it. it's close to what i'll play although i wouldn't use necromancy towers.. i'll go with focused light and nature, switching to darkness for water waves.. outside of that, life towers on the earth waves (which you did)..

Ahh, so that's why they always said "randOOmed".. I get it now, hahaha

U'd think? Because the only lvl2 triple elemental tower I can rely on is only the necromancy tower... :cry:

You did a really good job there. It can be done a little better, but not necessarily by humans. ;) You could have used the life lv.2 a few times to lenghten the game.

You did a really good job there. It can be done a little better, but not necessarily by humans. ;) You could have used the life lv.2 a few times to lenghten the game.

Ahh, even Cisz wrote that... This replay is on a really tight and bad situation, huh?

not the type of random that allows you to complete the game.. well.. we have plenty of games where we are randOOmed just that we don't release them. we only release successful completed games or games with strong plays..

you just have to make the best of it.. more so in fullhouse multiplayer where it shows better whether you made the best of the elements.. you'll probably be the last survivor already with that play.. there isn't much you can do better..

If you played that online as an all vh sr, you should be the last standing. Your main dmg tower was necromancy, with no earth to cover for light. Your next best tower was focused light, which will only work for a while. And to switch to life lv.2 for earth takes micro and you loose your summons. Trickery and disease are broken. Trickery does work even worse with oblivion. No slow, no boost.

Aka a bad build.

Ah, a tip when it's impossible, for example if composite comes when you felt it allready was impossible enough ;) :

appreciate singletarget towers a bit more and do some manual targeting on secondpass, preferably using a long secondpass, So that you leak half with full hp instead of everyone with half hp :) I have problems doing that myself as I seem to refuse leaking abit too much... same goes for elementals I try to catch and then leak the entire next wave instead x)

Yes, when you are sure you will leak, let the element pass and go for the wave. You get much more life for killing the wave properly.

Sign in to follow this