EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
dvdlesher

Tips and critics are needed

At last, since version 4 PB been released, I've done it today.. VH + random!!

But leaked extremely T_T

But still, I think the only way I could win this game is by using periodics, is it true to you professional ppls? Can you ppl give me some advice at my elemental building placement?

VH AR 33Ronald.w3g

Well, to get periodics in random mode, requires a bit of luck, no? ^^;

completing VH at all is always a good achievement! Of course, there are those of us who can complete VH easily, given a decent build, but everyone's gotta start somewhere ;)

Will watch replay soon, I think.

=====

Ah, can't watch this replay because it was made using a different version of WC3 than I have. I'm using 1.22, are you still using 1.21?

DDRKirby : Yup, sorry that I'm still using 1.21b.. But I've just updated it today to 1.22

But you know, I (almost) always got all element (but kinda later on game, and also waiting for pure build)

jolin012: Thanks!!

i only remember cisz doing 1 (with 4! interests!) but's that 1.21b...

it's difficult to complete a non-6-ele game.. probably a good set of 5 but it's rare to come by..

nice one.. completing 2 VH rnd games..

use arrows for the fast 19

consider placing the windstorm bottom right corner of 5. place the tornado at the place where 4 and 5 meet (the bend upwards). more on this in my guide soon...

for wave 32, the second muck should have been either roots or nova, although you changed this shortly after that.

consider placing the voodoo tower closer to the top of your defense, in this case closer to 4. this will allow the damage to build up.

laser tower isn't a bad tower per se but maybe zealot would have been a better choice here.

Impulse towers need to be microed to be effective. Zealot towers be a better choice if you don't micro impulse. Lower 5 is one of the best placements for zealot.

2 windstorms is generally unnecessary. The aoe slow doesn't stack and the maximum slow is 66%. with all 4 slows in play, the cap is reached easily. 2 mucks (with some spacing) can be considered as a source of damage but not 2 windstorms.

tidal tower, if built, should be in the midgame. This tower belongs to long-pass 5 to take advantage of the aoe effect of the splash. Towards the end, the damage is somewhat comparatively lower (in my opinion).

Zealot if possible build closer to 5 although i suppose that placement isn't too bad..

Build the periodic once you get your essence. Hydro is generally built for the effect rather than for damage, so it's usually not upgraded at all. those leaks could be prevented if you build the periodic straight away.

i'll add more if i see anything else..

I always appreciate when someone give me tips and critics, thanks!

Hmm, the reason I build for 2 windstorm (althrough it looks weird) is because the damage still stacks, althrough the effect won't..

(I proved it on single player with keysersoze cheat, only in order to check this double windstorm damage stack. And it's proved!!)

Actually the real strategy and reason why I build all these towers is because I want all elemental damage on play (But I'm REALLY dissapointed on laser and impulse tower on later waves).

You're right, I shouldn't upgrade my hydro tower..

Hey, do you like zealot tower very much?

no problem. leads are always ready to help those who want to improve.

usually it's multiple muck or nova for damage.

you don't really need all elemental damage in play. As long as your overall defense isn't too heavy on one elemental damage, it shouldn't be a problem.

zealot, quaker and muck form one of the strongest trio of towers as all weaknesses are covered. and yes, zealot towers feature a lot in my builds...

Are you serious? How can you get this lucky to get all elements in a row like np. I played hundreds of vh random games and i got all elements about once or twice, never ever without 1 or 2 interests/lvl2 elements in between though.

in about 200 games, i finished 4 6-element games.. most with interest, one with the 6th element arriving as late as wave 40..

somehow playing fullhouse multiplayer helps in randomisation. single-player randoms tend to be more 'fixed' in a way..

congrats.. when can we have a completed non-6 ele game.. LOL!

first thing i realise is bad use of flame towers. Flame is a support tower and not a damage tower. Refer to my guide for the placement.

Use nature arrows for wave 20.

Prepare for the next wave! Before the wave ends, start preparing for the next wave. build the basic arrows in place for the arrival of the elemental. Build the basic elemental towers for your towers. Don't wait until the start of the wave to prepare.

Fire arrows against the nature elemental.

Voodoo tower in play too early. At that point, you do not have much damage. Wait until you have more damage before building voodoo.

Windstorm should be placed closer to V (know numpad notation? i use roman numerals when stating the numpad position). And know how to micro the tornado. more of this in my guide hopefully soon...

Micro your impulse tower to maximise the damage. Otherwise, consider other towers.

place zealots closer to V although IV isn't too bad. With all the slows in play, the zealot's speed may reset for the second pass. i haven't really checked this out (whether the speed resets with all the slows) in detail but i usually play my zealots at lower V.

Interesting use of drowning towers endgame. I rather you go straight to periodic once you get the essence...

The second nova is kind of wasted in a way. I would rather place it at VII to allow some clumping before the creeps enter main defense.

Polar towers should be build for the endgame.

The roots tower and voodoo at the right ledge (area VI) i feel didn't pull their weight in the defense. You'll be better off spending the gold on other towers.

nice one.. you got the best 5-element build in random. with tier2 muck and well to go with the pure earth.. and 1 interest.. really rare you get a random so close to a pick game..

your final build is somewhat close to what i used to noleak WDNEF in pick..

maybe try playing fullhouse multiplayer and see if you can do as well?

WOW, you improved so much since the last replay I saw!!

Althrough... You kinda overpowered your tower for the beginning waves.. (or this is just my opinion)

But still, nice job man!! I watched your replay and learned a few thing such as "root" tower placement. Thx

Keep up the great job!

Thx man, i learned from yours too, and enjoyed watching them. :)

Im not too sure about the roots, i just feel 4 and 6 are the most effective placements for them. Eventhough holepercent crushed me for getting an additional one at 6 lol

not that it's wrong. i felt that it didn't contribute as much to the defense in your setup. the roots at III/VI was kind of unsupported and i wouldn't really say it's a good leak catcher at that position. maybe i'm wrong and will have a relook at it..

i personally have played with 2 roots/mucks at extreme left of IV and at the bend of V. Playing a IV/V defense, those 2 placements are quite optimum i feel.. This placement can vary depending on the setup of the entire defense...

Roots at III? No way?! That's just so unnatural...

Ahh, holepercent, you like to play on long pass huh?

i was referring to WordsWorth's replay about the roots at III..

I always play IV V.. more so in a zealot-based build which is best at V.. once i build my zealots, i tend to build the rest of the defense around it, hence ending up that i play a long-pass V in random mode...

Even at point VII?!?! Man, I really want to try playing online, but I can't... T_T

my 4th -vhsrcmsm completed game (fullhouse multiplayer) was played at VII.. i leaked quite a bit.. but yes. it is possible to do long pass VII..

Sign in to follow this