EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Twilice

[4.0pb]The Great Ronald Hunt (Hall of Fame)

Oh, he had such an easy path and the score itself looked ...marvelous.

So I temporarely moved my map and to my disappointment it wasn't at very hard.

Guest txixnx

Ronald hunted: 452

VH

AP(6 eles)

Comp mode

Play with sb

My computer is not a high system,so i cant play with 4 eles..........

452 ronalds.w3g

Oh, VH AP(6 eles)... That's against the rules... Also Competitive mode is against the rules. Rules can be found in the first post.

Actaully I don't get it, wy does it require a less effective comp with less elements?

I had a slow comp, so I hopefully know how you feel.

But if you have all 6 elements it will be more slow, more buffs, more effects.

And it will be more lagg. More vairabels in game. (or so I think)

Hm, first try so it's not really great, but somewhere above 400 ronalds if I remember correctly. The build is $FEWD EWDF EF

Overall rather sucky wtith many leaks, hunt begins at less than 10 lives as far as i remember.

Edit: let me add VH AP 400+ Ronalds to clear things out

500 ron dfew.w3g

maybe during the weekend =p

but i will watch your replay first. last time I believe I was using $WWWNNNLLFF.

400 ronalds though, means even if i get a good run, it will still take forever. x_x

you should try and beat my AP CM record though. It can definitely be broken for sure. a 5-pick build and I did =worse= than my 4-pick build! =p

I know, when I say i did 3 pick games the 2 later where on ap cm, but failed, got too greedy and leaked to death with like 80% of the gold unspent ^^ so - could definitly be done, just a matter of how many more tries it'd take, yawn .

VH SR 80 Ronalds.

just finished a game. spent half of the time teaching a guy so not completley concentrated at building, and slowed down a bit for him, else just a random finish, got 6th ele at lvl 50 for periodics. the only rare thing was that I had No upgraded tower available except well tier 2. so it wasn't that easy.

periodic 80 ron vh sr.w3g

ah, just watched your AP replay jolin (sorry took so long), you really played slow as possible at the beginning eh? I'm always too lazy to do that. it's a very nice build for ronald hunt though...

Hey, I just finished another vh sr ending in periodics, however, only 3 tier 2 eles trhis time. (enchantment tier 2). 106 ronalds, rather good for beginning ronald with less than 10 lives. btw, the last vh sr i think you did put under vh cm sr.. so remove that and add this one to vh sr once it's viewed and confirmed :) thanks. have fun watching!

jolin012 08-08-08 periodic 106r .w3g

nice replays and ronald hunts.. the kirby playstyle.. interest sell and rebuilds.. (i'm always too lazy to do that... have to start practicing.. to catch up with you guys).. idea to relocate just for the ronald hunt.. with pretty good builds as well.. i've been planning to attempt to kill them right at the start (VII -VIII) but my intended kill zone hardly works out.. relocating to the end seems a better choice..

i do realise that i've been overbuilding by quite a bit in my games.. i could have cleared the waves with less towers..

I never really liked the idea of killing them at the start. I guess it's true that if you do it that way then they're always all there, so you don't have to worry about AoE losing its affect vs Ronalds, but...iono, I prefer the ST strategy against ronalds.

rebuilding for the ronald round in SR is always very stressful. My end setup in that one crazy 2000+ game was really quite brilliant though, with the eternal towers at the end to catch leaks. Not to mention I got to use jinx towers :mrgreen:

jolin, just watched your VHSR replay, easy build of course, I think you could do better though. Lots of points I saw where you could have done sell/rebuild if you were not lazy =P especially after every 5 waves when you get a big long time during the elemental killing phase. In general I make it a rule to always sell SOMETHING then. Your setup may not allow you to do a big group sell/rebuild but you can at least do something. You missed some periodic sells as well, and weren't multitasking that well during wave 60, which is why you lost lives there. That point of the game is always tough, you really need to take wave 60 seriously; though a little less so because you have periodics as opposed to pures. But ideally you have the basic layout of your final ronald defense already done by wave 59, then you should only worry about buildling additional damage/hydro towers.

Also i would say that the mass polar was a bit overkill. You might know better than be but IMHO since polar is autocast isn't not really necessary to have so many (though of course vitally important to have enough). If ever in doubt I usually select the group of polar towers you have set up and watch for the cooldowns. I'm personally usually more worried about voodoo being in effect. Also, no hydro or jinx!?!?

in terms of early game you did well. Though generally I never use lvl 1 elemental towers unless its for round 5-10 or so; i always prefer to upgrade to amplified.

With an EFN opening I think would usually rely pretty heavily on quaker towers, and I would constantly be "chainmorphing" them from blacksmith towers.

Ops. Sorry for that failure.

Well I'm back now I will confirm it and fix the problem :wink:

EDIT: I will problary do it tomorrow as I could not get to the site and download the file....

EDIT2: I'm looking at it right now :P

Guest hu4rollz

I am pretty new to this game and have a question about the "no stalling" rule. Does this mean that I can't let a single guy run through my maze a bunch of times? Where do you draw the line? Like if I leak on accident, can I sell all my towers and kill him at the end, so long as I don't leak him again?

Or is it referring to a different type of stalling?

letting a single creep run through the maze multiple times is definately stalling.. but to be honest, there are no hard and fast rules. generally, if the entire replay is under 1hr (for the 60 waves, excluding extended ronald-killing) or each wave lasts no more than 2 min, it's not really considered 'stalling'

generally, leaks must not be deliberate. It isn't considered 'stalling' if leaks are really due to poor defense or misplays. so in random mode, you can definately sell all your towers to rebuild at the end. even if you do leak, it can be considered poor defense and not really 'stalling'. but for the ronald hunt, 13est has the final say..

Welcome to the forums hu4rollz. :)

Stalling has never been properly defined. I have two suggestions for you:

1.) Stalling is whatever 13est feels like when he checks your replay.

2.) Stalling is delaying the game with the purpose of getting an unfair ammount of money or to get much more time for your kills.

If you use mild stalling, like killing later, but don't leak on purpose or slow down creeps extremely and go for a coffee, you should be fine. Traditionally, mild stalling is part of many challenges. :)

Sorry I am back now.

You were completely right.

You may not leak on PURPOSE. but you may leak on accident.

It is hard to tell how "slow" you may build, becuase it varies depending on how you build.

I don't think I would disqualify if you killed all creeps and then let 1 pass and kill until the end. But I don't know about it if used in succesion.

BUT if you sold your towers quickly before the interest turned 0 you may do it.

So it really depends from replay to replay.

Hope you understood. You should do fine aslong you don't let a single creep running around on purpose.

You may not leak on PURPOSE. but you may leak on accident.

worst replay wins :lol:

no, seriously, it's a good rule. same is what kirby sais "don't be lame".

Rai - You are seriously endangering your joghurt.

We have a "only real versions" policy here, and we are pretty strict about it. You should either delete all versions other that the official ones, or remove them manually before playing and restore them afterwards.

Guest Rai

if i deleted the other ones i couldnt really play online, but nevertheless i use the original for record attempts ... so what is wrong with using another folder except for your comfort ?