EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Twilice

[4.0pb]The Great Ronald Hunt (Hall of Fame)

CLOSED (waiting for new public version)

It's time for *The Great Ronald Hunt*. V.2.1 **Very Hard**

Edit by Cisz: The old hunting thread is locked, but can be found here.

It will be a competition (no awards exept the fun) and the record list will be here.

All top *5* in each entry will be announced.

There will to start with be 4 different kinds of entering.

And you can ONLY use the stated modes to make an entry here.

• 1. AP - All Pick (4 Elements max)

2. AP CM - All Pick and Chaos mode (5 Elements max)

3. AR/SR - All Random or Same Random

4. AR/SR CM - All Random or Same Random and Chaos mode

Rules to anticipate:

Very Hard Only!!!

• Games must be played with version Element TD 4.0 Public Beta.

Must be the latest wc3 patch.

The map name needs to be the same as the one you download here on this site.

(read rules here)

No cheats!! (no stalling or "greedisgood".)

If you find a bug and use it to a favor you will get disquallified.

Max 1 Record in each entries. (You can not be both firsth and second in the same entry)

Ofcourse you can post new records, and the old one will get uppdated.

You must have a replay. (Picture is not enough) And the replay must be attached here on the site. No uppload sites. (you can uppload a picture to, but a you must have a replay also.)

New Rule (important!) Note: this rule should not be neccerary for new version.

Remember this will continue to be uppdated, and rules can change.

Here is the Hall of Fame. For now we have 4 entries. And each top *5* in each entry will be announced in this Hall of Fame. If you can't se your name here you probably got your record beated, If not please ask wy, the ruleset might have changed and the entry had been disqalified.

---------- Hall of Fame ----------

Entry number 1 - All Pick

1. Jolin012 - 411 Ronalds

2. DDRKirby(ISQ) - 255 Ronalds

3. Cisz - 44 Ronalds

4. Justkidz - 4 Ronalds

Entry number 2 - All Pick and Chaos Mode

1. DDRKirby(ISQ) - 163 Ronalds

Entry number 3 - All Random or Same Random

1. DDRKirby(ISQ) - 189 Ronalds

2. Jolin012 - 106 Ronalds

3. Cheng - 55 Ronalds

4. Justkidz - 43 Ronalds

Entry number 4 - All Random or Same Random and Chaos Mode

1. DDRKirby(ISQ) - 2262

2. Cisz - 158 Ronalds

3. 13est - 74 Ronalds

4. JustKidz - 39 Ronalds

5. (sorry for the faults here, what were your old record jolin?)

---------- Hall of Fame ----------

Please don't spam this site, just post the entry and a replay, you can talk about it in the old topic or in general disscussion.

Guest gahafa

Hmm, I couldn't find parts of short mode. But is that OK? I mean, after a while, short mode is a primary step. Without it, its kind of boring, so if it is ok to enter with short mode. Then accept me. Random chaos mode.

28 Ronaolds VHSRSMCM.w3g

VH SR CM 4.0 pb

2262+ RONALDS

can't attach replay since it's 3 MB. the link is here:

http://ddrkirby.googlepages.com/5-1-08-DDR...naldseleTD3.w3g

Would have been much much more than 2262, but I had to alt+tab to check what my homework was and warcraft 3 CRASHED. luckily my friend was watching and managed to save the replay up to that point.

Didn't even get ice age towers. Had more than 150k gold left over at end, couldn't find any way to spend it. End setup involved lots and lots of polar+voodoo, lots and lots of JINX (hehee, my favorite tower, better than hydro if you have the money), standard slow+debuff towers, and 2 periodics. Also there were eternal towers at - so that every so often I would actually gain a life or two.

Enjoy.

I would have liked to topple Cisz's old record of ~4000 ronalds but that was on ap normal anyways so I still feel accomplished. You can judge for yourself how many ronalds it would have stopped at if not for the unfortunate crash. I'm probably much better at random than pick, simply because my build speed is so fast...

obviously, ronald needs to increase hp at more regular intervals, otherwise ronald hunting eats away hours and hours...xD

Guest Justkidz

This replays is on VHSR mode with only 43 ronalds kills..

My computer is suck at the end of level 60 T___T It is lagging and i can't use all of my money to build more and more tower ( 30k gold left).. mouse cursor can't move.. hiks

Element TD4.0-VHSR 43ronaldkills.w3g

even when u disable graphical effects/etc?

(i have a high end system so i'm not sure whether it's the graphics, or the triggers and computation that actually causes the lag)

Guest Justkidz
even when u disable graphical effects/etc?

(i have a high end system so i'm not sure whether it's the graphics, or the triggers and computation that actually causes the lag)

I have set my wc3 graphic option to low but it is also lag,.,.. need to upgrade my computer or buy new one >_<

4 picks is really hard...almost all the builds don't have enough slowing to be effective.

I'm not a huge fan of FLNW since I don't really like Tidal that much and I don't feel like impulse really synergizes that well with nova and windstorm. But I can see why it works. I've tried FLEW but without too much success...

Yes that could be an option BUT PEOPLE please this is not the forum to discuss, it is already spammed ALOT. It will be 6 pages in no time with not much records.

I think the old topic is still here, if not start a new one please.

4.0pb VH AP normal, 4 element picks

255 ronalds

hooray! Went standard FLNW, although ended up trying to take interest first. looks like it paid off, i had a lot of extra money at the end. end tower setup wasn't as well planned as it could have been. needed more supernova and especially more monsoon, and switch refined water placement with eternals.

main mistake was leaking a lot on the way up to round 61 though. those shredders got me again =P It's surprising how much more difficult it was with one less pick at each point.

5-29-08 eletd(4pb vh ap)4ele255ronalds.w3g

Hi MiracleRuby, Welcome to the forums. :)

You should check out the rules for replays, because you used a bad map folder, and now we all have to copy maps..

yes, it would help us all if you'd follow those guidelines if you post any more replays in the future (b^^)b

also,

4.0pb VH AP CM

163 Ronalds

not too bad. interestingly enough I did worse than I did with 4 element picks, even though I went into the ronald round with more lives IIRC (eternal towers were gaining lives throughout the latter part of the game). I guess my end tower setup wasn't exactly ideal. Either that or my networth wasn't high enough. Getting interest first really helped me when I did my 4-element build but here i can't really believe it's worth it to sacrifice lvl 2 duals.

then again, when you think about it, maybe i didn't really make that effective use of having a 5th element. zealot and quaker are real nice for getting through the game, but on ronalds the effectiveness is not that great. I do gain enchantment, and polar/ice age, and hydro, which is good. but perhaps something like FLNWD would work better since you have muck and roots for slowing and voodoo can still give damage amp (and synergizes quite well with tidal).

maybe i was just counting on the fact that blacksmith would really boost my main source of damage (pures) and hydro would serve as an alternative form of slowing. I needed more net worth so I could build more hydro, i guess.

5-31-08 eletd(4pb vh ap cm)5ele163ronal.w3g

Guest MiracleRuby

ops , really really sorry ...

i have 2 maps of 4.0 pb ..

once again sorry ..

here another newbie's one..

i forgot the exactly ron ..

only 25 ++

need advice ,, ^^

vh cm ar .w3g

I don't know wy but I can't dl the file. Could somewone else please aprove it?

Disqualified, you must play at very hard to enter.

And a warning, next time have the map at the right folder, place you eletd 4.0 in this folder: Maps\Download\(name of map)

Instead of this

folder:Maps\(name of map)

And attach the file on this site, you can uppload it at this site instead of using a third party upploader.

with "Normal mode" I think hea meant that it's not chaos or extreme or shortmode chosen. at least on the screenshot the color seems to be red, for VH

Edit: Nevermind what I said, he did use VeryEasy mode (after I checked the replay). I just didn't know that Ronald count numbers turned into the colour of the player rather thatn his difficulty.

Yes I know, I watched the replay, how else would I know he had the map in the wrong folder :P