EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Twilice

[4.0pb]The Great Ronald Hunt (Hall of Fame)

if i deleted the other ones i couldnt really play online, but nevertheless i use the original for record attempts ... so what is wrong with using another folder except for your comfort ?
Yes you can! Usually if you host a real Element TD game it is full in 10 seconds.

The problem with other folders is, that every other player has to move his map - and much more worse: You spread it over battle.net!

I recommend to delete all Element TD maps (find . -iname '*ele*' -delete with Linux :P) and download the official one (viewtopic.php?t=1274) and move it to /where you've warcraft installed/Maps/Download/ and nowhere else and no subdirectories!

More details: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=282

*If you expect people to be able to watch your replays easily, there needs to be some accepted convention for map folder.

*the accepted convention is in maps/download

*IMHO there is nothing wrong with keeping other ETD versions as long as its understood that they're just that--nonofficial/old/outdated/hacked ETD versions.

the folder issue is the one that's important here. the issue of other etd versions is not. having other etd versions should in no way prevent you from placing element 4.0 PB in the correct folder.

on a side note, don't you think having 30 versions of the same map is overkill?

Guest Sancdar

Can the original post be updated with a list of the current records? I don't like having to look through a 4 page thread to see who is on top.

Also, what are the bugs (features!) that aren't allowed? It's been so long that I don't remember anything major about 4.0 PB that can be abused.

if you necessarily want to keep those other versions because you don't want to download again when someone hosts a fake version, you should store those in a special map and not the official version. official version should be located in \download\ and nowhere else, and always using official version to record replays in order for players to be able to watch your replay.

Guest iBerSerKerz

Hi all ! :D i got a replay .. I leak a lot but i think its not so bad ^^

60 Ronalds in VH with 4 eletd

Happy to see that a new version come :P

Happy new year !!

Sorry to disappoint you, I think I will kinda close this one.

And reopen it when the new public version comes. We are pretty close.

*CLOSED* (could keep so I can copy later)

but people will still be able to watch your replay iBerZerKerz, and I see 17 of us have allready =) . and 60 ronalds is a really nice feat, gj.

I believe the hunt is postponed until the 4.0 version is released. The scores will have to either be reset or differentiated from new ones, because of the vast differences in the versions.

This one is outside the competition, as it's on short mode. But still, I wanted to share this lucky result with you:

Very hard, samerandom, short mode. Build is periodics, phasor, light3. I leak one shredder and one murlock, and I harvest life for one wave early on. I stalled for gold by slowing only, and got to ronald in about 40 minutes.

Result: 1319 Ronnies.

1671 Etd(4pb avh sr sm) wl 1319########.w3g

It still won't be in the hall of fame :lol:

But I will look forward to the new and better ronald hunting thread after 4.0 official release.. then I will make a new thread... better rules.... more competitions..... more willl contribute...... More work......... ...... ....... NOES! ...... nah it willl be fun, because then I can finally show everyone public how good I am :shock:

I am sorry, the hunt is closed.

It willl problary be open somethimes again, when testing have settled and we have an sort of permanent version.

As the new version is out, this thread is closed. Now everyone ask 13est to do a new one.

13est - please? :)