EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CounterTowerism

Interest abuse

Guest CounterTowerism

I'm new to elemental TD and these forums, so if anyone has brought this to your attention before please forgive me. First I want to say I love your game and thanks for making it, I don't really like tower defense maps but this one is very enjoyable and I've spent hours playing it so far.

Anyway, I came up with a strategy the other day that will give you an asston of gold. Basically, get to around level 15 or 16, try getting there w/no leaks, having as many lives as possible is important. Now on one of these high teen levels, when just one enemy remains sell off all your towers. that's right, sell off every single tower so that the one enemy continues to circle the map. Now sit back and watch the interest pile up. Interest will go through 3 times for every life with the skeletons on level 16.

Now at first it may not seem like much, 20 or 30 gold 3 times a life. However, as your gold continues to build, so will the bonus of your interest. Starting at 50 lives with roughly 800 gold, by the time you get down to 5 lives you will have amassed roughly 20000 gold through interest. So now at level 16 you'll have 20k. Now I recommend massing life towers at this point to regain all your lives. At this point you won't need to spend even a small portion of that 20k for a few more levels, so now as you breeze through the early levels your fortune will continue to grow. In fact, as long as you don't just throw the money away, your money will continue to grow to epic proportions by level 60. I've been able to afford 5 periodic towers of the elements. One game doing this I got 3 interest, and got to a million gold at which point the game stopped letting me have any more.

If you really really really want a lot of gold you can get 50 lives back via life towers then do this AGAIN a few levels later, I did this in one game and had way more gold than I could ever spend.

The only time I tried on very hard I was able to get to the ronald stage with no leaks (after the initial leaks for interest of course), and roughly 300k gold with 4 pure element towers + mass focused and tier 3 combination towers AND almost 200 lives. I really feel like I could have made an impenitrable ronald setup if my computer wasn't lagging fiercely from the number of towers I had (too many level 3 electricity towers really slowed my comp to a crawl).

Now this strategy won't work in a normal multiplayer game, you'd have to do it solo or with other players who are doing the same. It's fun, although not necessarily challenging as you will have all the gold you'd ever need and then some.

I uploaded a replay if anyone wants to watch, this is on very hard.

interest abuse.w3g

This could be a way of getting a lot of ronalds on the ronal hunt, unfirtunately it is forbidden. Gj btw.

This has been done before, but that's a long time ago, on a different version of tft and most important, never before on the 4.0pb. So thanks for this replay. :)

Guest 1mpulse

but

when you win

do you feel like you've really won?

I did that trick and ended up with 10 pures.

It felt wonderful, at wave 60 i was like, die m. f´s. , die. :lol:

I wont try it again anyway...

Guest Starrzz

That is a pretty cool trick in my opinion, but not really... man-like way to play the game I guess.

Sign in to follow this