EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrchak

-air

Guest mrchak

Can we add a thing in the game: if someone type "-air" then they get some message from the game that tells them there is no air; maybe it could be sortof smart-assy too (or serious)

If someone type in "when do we get lumber" then the game should give a message to them saying that they are a noob and they should click the "tips" button to find out how to play. the game could seriously check for the word "lumber" and a chat message that ends with a "?" and i bet 99% of the time it would identify the noobs - which I think would be good.

Guest Ryukira

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. Cause if you have to answer all noobs asking you for lumber theres not time to sell/rebuy. And if there will be someone acidentiually triggering that tip once in a while (without needing it) he/she will probably just ignore it. T-up

Edit: naturally the -air idea was good to, however if youre going to make it smart-assy dont go to far, ever played carnac maul? That map is simply so smart-assy that you personally wanna find and kill carnac

"There is no air. All towers hit all targets. What you breathe is just your imagination."

Guest mrchak
"There is no air. All towers hit all targets. What you breathe is just your imagination."

Nice - short, sweet, and funny.

I've been promoting this message for a long time. And finally it get's the attention I hoped for. :D

Guest Sancdar

Nah, what you read is just your imagination.

Guest Warcryptic

The whole idea of identifing noobs i brilliant, but isn't it kinda discriminating if you think it trough, everybody needs to learn, maybe you asked the same questions, made the stupit mistakes ect when you began.

Maybe a tutorial would be a solution, i'll repost that idea in a new tread

@Warcryptic

You missed a finer point of this topic. It's about an ongoing war to get rid of fake eletd versions. Only fake versions have air waves, so a player going "-air" is likely a regular on those fakes. (And no, I doubt he just checks on any map, since I never got "-air" on my many games on blizzard td.) By making fun of them, the makers of the map (aka MrChak and Karawasa) express their annoyance about stupid kids messing around with a 2.5, calling it 3.1 and distributing that crap all over the b-net.

So "There is no air" is the mild and friendly version of this very unjust but far more honest reply: "Stop hosting fake versions and stealing our map you stupid noob."

I think you will agree that the other line is much more appropriate.

Guest Warcryptic

True, but there will be people, just like what happened to me, that will not understand the true meaning untill theyre explained.

Guest Issunboshi

Why would noobs be worrying about air though...

Guest Sancdar

If you haven't played a specific TD before, one of the most important things to know is when air is coming, because those are generally the levels that take the most preparation. It doesn't make much sense on a fixed-path TD like ETD, but whatever.

I don't know if you know this, but in the Spongebob episode "Rock Bottom", Spongebob says this about Rock Bottom:

"This isn't just darkness... this is... ADVANCED DARKNESS!" (as you can see, that's my sig.) I'm thinking of a joke along those lines too.

Guest xSolmyRx

Ummm... Ok.. O.o

I'm going to have to agree with Cisz on everything said in this thread.

As for Warcryptic and echinodermata, I'm not quite sure as to what you two are trying to say?

Sign in to follow this