EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Twilice

Ronald Hunt Discussion (old thread)

Sorry piskin, but short mode is not allowed.

Edit - The periodic sells at 100%. :shock: Is this supposed to be allowed?

Guest piskin

Ya , the tower can sell at 100% PRICE. Do u think is imba?

Even worse, I asked Karawasa and he said that this is as it was intended. :shock:

Err - Why? Even though it's composite damage that doesn't mean it shall sell for 100%. it's not like the other pures can move by sell rebuild, and the ptote is even rather quick to build. In the beginning it means you shall hold out with interest farming arrows as long as you can and that's why the weak arrows, compared to amplified sells at 100. but there will never be the choice of "when am i ready to switch my ptote for real damage towers, i want more cash first"

Guest stoic

@Piskin

Short mode aside, I'd say your positioning of your periodic towers is optimal as the first turn with the 7,/ setup is usually where the largest group clumps, and the reason Ronalds started leaking during my run is when a few would leak and the periodics no longer target the cluster for a while. With your positioning the periodics are just about always directed to that first turn, which I'll admit is something I never thought about, which would have made a huge difference.

I'm sure you can do it again in non-short mode so go for it.

Guest Archbob

I've only gotten 75 or so on VH, need to work on positioning of periodics.

Guest loqula

No new entries in a long time. :(

Even if the thread is dead, I got a replay for AP mode with 1089 Ronald Kills if there's any interest still left. I didn't want to submit a replay until I got above 1000, I finally got it.

To save you from watching the replay, it is based on Stoic's strategy with 2 major differences. I only take 10% credit for my modifications, the rest is Stoic's great idea to lump up everything at a choke point for maximum damage (his replay is what I watched, unless credit deserves to go elsewhere).

1. You have 11 lumber for 11 elemental selections. Five Level 2 elements and one Level 1. I left Water at Level 1 instead of Light. This allows upgrades for Level 2 Incantation and Level 2 Supernova which I believe are superior compared to Hydrocloric and Mire towers.

A Level 2 Light elemental selection would give a combined -18 armor (Incantation/Corrosion) versus a -8 armor (Enchantment/Hydrocloric) with Level 2 Water. The Supernova tower does slow the same as the Mire tower, but it has a more effective slowing area since the effect is a radius around the tower rather than (Mire) a radius around a moving target.

2. I used the Polar towers as much as I could. The main reason, it's HP reduction can combine it's effect with the Voodoo tower edict (This is what it seems like to me, correct me if I'm wrong here.). If timing works out perfectly, the target will lose 25% off the bat, and +12.5% from edict(not to mention the additional damage amplification from Frost Bite) the first time and +12.5% the second time. Easily half it's life before 25% gets restored, but with Periodic towers raining down it shouldn't get the chance to.

Couple of notes. I didn't need to build anything after level 51 which allowed me to save up enough to build most of what I wanted (Networth around 96k - 98k). Lost 5 lives at level 50, mechanical. A couple of more Solar towers, another Forge and Supernova would have been nice. No, I did not buy/sell periodic towers (it seems rather abusive to me - perhaps extending build time on that could limit it's shadiness) . I think more micro to focus the towers at the choke point would achieve a better score. But I made too many attempts to try any more.

Enjoy.

EleTD - Ronaldhunt 1089.w3g

I'm still here and happy, just checked for any new post's and finaly one here. I will look at it after my bike ride (in real life^^)

Problary you didn't cheat, but I gotta check anyway, when I'm back.

Edit: I seem to have a problem with Wc3 right now, could anyone else take a look at it?

Correct, and also he plays rather quick, last evil child dead at 43:21.

ronalds killed: 1089

Time after ronalds killed: (about) 54 minutes

@ loqula - Nice arrow opening. You can do that on wave 10 and 11 too, and then it's about perfect. :)

erm - doesn't a regular arrow opening go for lvl 12 and 13 too?:) unless you want more speed ofc.

Guest loqula

Thanks for the comments.

Cisz - Your right, levels 10 and 11 could be better.

I pretty much panic build those towers for Level 10 and 11. I just watched your double no leak replay and it definitely can be done.

Jolin012 - I never realized that you had a 6 element build using Polar towers :shock: . I thought it was pretty cool that you had that many of them. I would certainly like to find a replay where you use more of your lumber. Going to look now :)

heh, thx, ya, it's true i was the first one to post a 6ele build replay using polar and all and periodic, but maybe the others found out themselves, and didn't copy, I don't know, and I don't really care, I'll wait for next beta when things are more balanced out, until i go for these challanges. so, you'll prolly not see me going for all lumber spent on this build:/

Guest hitokiri99

Hat's off to the one and only game adept!

I only watched it until 1.5k ronnies. After that I just assumed it'll keep on going that way.

By the way, did u stop at 4k plus because you were bored? Couldn't see how they could possibly make their way through that ultimate slowdown.

No, I really leaked to death. Though the fact that it was like early morning at that time might have helped a bit..

The ronalds came to the second pass sometimes, so it happened occaisionally that i was two sided, and so I leaked every couple of minutes.

Guest loqula

Wonderful replay Cisz.

Funnelling the Ronalds at a consistent rate is an effective way to take them out a few at a time, slowly but surely. Especially with an Ice Age tower, you only need to take out half. I am SOOOOOO jealous of your networth, 138-139k, kudos :) . I'm on a laptop with bad graphics so I couldn't watch the entire replay or when you ended up being two sided and started to leak.

One thing I am disappointed about though, was that you started building an Ice Age tower at the top, but scrapped your idea there. I think I know what you had in mind.

Two ideas for extending the Ronald count.

1: If the Ronalds are going to be slowed that much before they approach the "Corner of Death", Ice Age/Voodoo them that whole time. They might as well lose a decent percentage of HP during that time. I don't know how much it'll cost, but if there can be a good balance of money spent between Hydros and Ice Age/Voodoo, it might pay off later when your reach 4000+. But this is just a hypothesis.

2: Building your corner at position 3, this can increase the length of the funnel that Ronald has to go through and also potentially increase the HP lost to Ice Age/Voodoo. How practical is this for getting to level 60, I only hope it's just as good, if not better, than position 9. Once again, will you have enough gold.. maybe.

I'll give these ideas a try later on. You've certainly given me some interest in working on this some more. :mrgreen:

Guest stoic

Great stuff everyone.

For the record, I did credit jolin12 for first using a 6 element build when I posted my 307 run. Then when I posted a better run, I edited that original post which got rid of it.

I've been working on getting a no-leak VHX run since I haven't seen a replay of one yet. Anyone done it already? Currently my best is 8 leaks. I have tested my strategy to work, but doing it in 1 shot is no simple matter. Anyone that's tried it will agree that wave 32 is the key. It's smooth sailing after that.

Guest loqula

I got a new replay, 2017 Ronalds killed in 2h33m.. then I quit. My goal was to get to 6000, but it just seemed like an unreasonable amount of time (maybe 6-7 hours) to let the Ronalds run and for anyone to watch a replay of. At least I beat my old score :D

I expanded on Cisz's idea of delaying/slowing all the Ronalds as well as implementing my other ideas, and I'm pretty confident that plenty more Ronalds would have been killed. Reasons/Improvements:

-The Ronalds were getting damaged by Voodoo/Ice Age significantly before they got to the Periodics. Varying between 1/8 to 3/4 of damage taken.

-Ronalds were scattered all over the map. No clustering. Therefore it was harder for any single Ronald to slip through.

-The Periodics were built at the very end (-) area. Allowing the towers to focus fire rather than split up and shooting where you don't want it to. This also utilized the whole maze, providing a longer route for the Ronalds to get pre-damaged and greater seperation by the hydro towers.

I was a bit stubborn about getting a level 2 Ice Age at first, as I thought there was more potential in the Witchcraft tower. I tried using my previous elemental picks, but it failed just before 1000. Ice Age is superior, it affects the units immediately whereas the Witchcraft's full effects will only be realized 5 seconds after casting. And Level 2 Spring towers adds a nice bonus.

One last thing I want to mention is the Ronald system. I noticed that the Ronald's HP isn't increased consistent at a consistent rate. The first few hundreds the HP went up rapidly, but after 1000 it won't increase as quickly. I hope in the next release, the system gets improved for after 1000+ Ronalds. Three hour games/replays aren't good for Ronald contests :(

Er.. looks like I can't upload anything over 1MB. Rapidshare link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/106299514/EleT...t_2017.w3g.html

Stoic - I'm gonna give VHX a try now. I'll post here if I got anything to show. :)

lolz I got lucky I guess.

Have a new replay: VERY HARD, ALL RANDOM. 55 ronalds ~_~

remember that I use war3 version 1.20e though :)

Can I now make it into entry 3? :roll:

Cheers ^^

EleTD4-VH-55 RONALDS!.w3g

Sorry Cheng, did you check the rules? ( there is a little link that leads to some replay rules made by Cisz, I can only watch 1.21b version so I cannot confirm it.

As for other replays, I think I will need to redo Pick entrys, watching games over 2-6 hours is a bit long, and ronald amount gets way to high. I am Sorry But I will restart ALL Pick entrys (not the random.) After that you will need to look at the new rules.

Wy do I do this?

Well All pick seems to be going very one sided and I cannot watch a long time until my computer freaks out.

I don't want everywhone to use the same strategy.

Hi 13est.

I did read the rules long ago.

What is wrong about my replay?

I used the correct map version 4.0 Beta (I downloaded the English from here)

Have correct name; Element TD 4.0 Public Beta.w3x

And I told that my version is 1.20e by reading "At any rate, if you post a replay on an outdated version of tft, please tell us whitch version of the game it was."

What is wrong then? :(