EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cisz

Double no-leak on 4.0 public beta

Ah - we finally did it. The double-Gandalf.

gandalf-sign-748792.jpg

Jolin012 and me tried hard and often until, after more than 50 attempts, we managed to not leak. Both. At the same time, in the same game. On vh pick, 4.0pb. :shock:

To my knowledge this hasn't be done before (including previous versions of the map). Correct me if I missed some other double no-leak.

And the fun doesn't stop there. Jolin012 did use only 6 picks (level 1 in each), and even had to slow down not to kill me. :shock:

eletd40pbtwinnoleaknf9.png

Technical data:

-Networth < 85.000

-Time < 45:00

-Leaks = 0

-Public players annoyed > 250

We played in public games entitled "No Mercy" most of the times and ruthlessly raced all others once one of us had a leak, so we could restart.. :oops: If you happen to be one of them, we do feel sorry for your incovenience. Strangely enough the replay is just us two, we just decided to switch to private games and it finally worked.

In conclusion: Mech, undead, and composite are not to hard, they are too easy. :D

EleTD_4-0pb_twin_no-leak.w3g

Guest Fenneth

Wow, very nice. Congrats.

Either of you feel like coming over and owning the speed challenge? ^^

Guest dahrion

Well done :!: And very entertaining :)

ps: electricity tower do 550 dmg + 50 dmg/bounce not 500 as writen ; or if you prefer the 10% are also added to the first hit.

Guest ma23

wow. very nice.

i need to try my strat now in a long pass instead of a 2 pass to even try to keep up.

a solo time attack would be nice replay to see.

grats.

I think we got less than 40 ronalds each this time:s I totally forgot to build some more voodoo and corrosion as ronald entered, and maybe another storm and a muck would be of use, had too much polar and too little of those mentioned´and enchantment and zeal. and had 15k unspent afaik. Didn't really aim for ronalds, i was happy enough with the first 60 levels :)

Guest Neia

superb replay. And indeed, will be the first most viewed replay. It's fun to see Cisz got trouble, you must be panicking or something.. :D

Nice to meet you. I'm just starting like this Map even I already knew it for a long time ago.

There was this one time, don't know if on 40 (fast nature) or 50 (mechanical nature) when I had 24 fire arrows, and missed to upgrade the second 12 somehow, right after i missclicked the storm. The new increased spawning range makes it harder to use, and I'm not really used to it yet. :)

Guest Cataras

Interesting. As a reward i offer Cisz to make him a signature. Heard he likes mine.

Guest discore

Welp after a week of trying I finally altered Cisz's build just enough so that it's fairly easy to beat VH with no leaks. Same elements, slightly different towers at different times, no selling/rebuilding of towers just for interest, and minimal amount of micro (mostly just making sure Impulse is attacking something far away and blowing Tidal AEs at the right time - only those 2 towers were hot keyed). The only time I even got close to leaking was the 35ish darkness wolves, and I could have prevented that one close call by actually blowing up the Tidal tower a second time (I slightly misjudged it thinking the wave was done for and then barely killed the last couple wolves as they neared the exit - too much water dmg to be cocky).

So here ya go, fairly pain free VH no leak replay heavily inspired by Cisz's build.

Now I have to see what I can do with the 6 element one. Still leaking big time right before my Periodics are supposed to come out.

Oh and if this helps anyone out here's the contents of my "eletdwinplan.txt" file that was constantly referenced as I played (my level numbers may be slightly off and it really helps to watch the replay while reading since not every little nuance is noted):

5 - Summon Fire1

8 - 1 Fire Canon is priority for nature/undead

10 - Summon Light1

13 - 2 Light Towers for the darkness wave, sell and get Lightning right after

15 - 2 Fire Arrows, summon Nature1, sell fire arrows

17 - 1 Fire Arrow for nature level (not always required?)

18 - Sell Fire Arrow, start building 4-5 Nature Arrows at numpad6 for the upcoming speedy level and level 20

20 - Sell all Nature Arrows, do not summon anything, build Nova at last possible second

23 - 4 anything-but-Fire Arrows, summon Water1 a couple seconds after the last NPC comes out

24 - Sell Arrow towers, build Ice and 5-6 Fire Arrows

25 - Summon Nature2, the second it is out of range of the Fire Arrows in mid, sell them and rebuild at numpad9 to finish off as it hits the gate (should only have 5-10% hp) - used to leak this Nature2 a lot. The second Nature2 is dead, sell Fire Arrows and upgrade Ice to Windstorm

30 - Build Impulse, Build Upgraded Nature tower (or Spring if affordable), summon Water2

32 - Fire slowing towers at corners (name escapes me)

34ish - Ice->Tidal ASAP, the darkness level is rough since most of your upgraded towers are water dmg so blow up Tidal carefully and micro that Impulse

35 - Summon Fire2, upgrade Spring

37 - Tons of Arrows along numpad 9/6/3

40 - Upgrade to Fire Arrows for wave, summon Light2 FAST

41 - Sell Fire Arrows and upgrade to Tsunami the nanosecond Light2 is dead, blow it up after about 8 charges; no time to wait til 10, blow it up a second time shortly after everything resses - used to leak a lot here

44ish - Upgrade to Velocity

45 - Summon Water3

48ish - Upgrade to Supernova

49 - Build tons of Fire Arrows for level 50

50 - Summon Nature3, upgrade Spring again, upgrade to Solar at corners

54ish - Build Pure Water (wait until you have around 18-19k gold before building it)

55 - Summon Fire3

58 - Very important to get Pure Fire built before this wave hits your center towers, sell a Solar at the corner if you need to - used to leak here bad (note: in replay this tower is probably poorly positioned but it gets the job done)

59 - Upgrade to Sun Towers at the corners, build another fully upgraded Spring tower

GG

eletd40beta-vhnoleaks.w3g

Hey, nice one discore.

The biggest difference I noticed was that you weren't playing with joilin012. ;)

Doesn't matter now actaully. This post could just be deleted since I can only delete the latest post I posted.

13est - why did you quote his entire post? Don't you have anything to say for yourself? :?

Guest kevs926

i thougth jolin was handicapped because of not using 5 lumber but it seems like 4 element build is still harder

handicaped? the wc3 handicap can't make anything easier for anyone, or did you mean like i was on easier mode? And yes, 6ele build is alot easier(if using all lumber, else I'm not completely sure, I've not really trained the 4ele build)

Guest kevs926

your handicap was to choose not to use 5 lumber and Cisz's handicap was 4 element build

Sign in to follow this