EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fenneth

Speed challenge!

Guest Fenneth

I started this thread way back when, and it turned out to be surprisingly popular. I figured maybe people would be up for another go :D

Rules (subject to change if people want I guess):

- Latest version

- VH difficulty.

- All pick mode, no fancy options. Just vanilla EleTD

- Single player mode. Maybe coordinated multiplayer teams could be a separate category.

- You may leak if you want, but it won't be conducive to a fast time :D

I'll keep this post updated with the high scores if it's popular. I'd post one to start off, but unfortunately I can't beat VH with no leaks yet :(

Good luck :)

------------

1. stoic 39:51

2. ma23 51:44 [replay]

3. Fenneth 54:54 [replay]

In the beginning players might want to challange each other without replays? just posting their time, and replay viewed by a chosen judge?

Guest Fenneth
In the beginning players might want to challange each other without replays? just posting their time, and replay viewed by a chosen judge?

I.. suppose so. If people send replays to me I will verify their times, I don't really intend to compete in this anyway. However, I think it works well (as it did last time) as a partly cooperative thing with sharing of ideas, reaching for ultimate truth :)

Anyone who has completed VH at all can be the leader at this point, just post a replay ;D

Guest Fenneth

OK, well, I lied about not entering myself ;p. Decided to kick this off with a really crappy replay, just my first completion since starting this thread. Apologies go to someone on the forums (whose name I can't remember :/) whose build I basically stole. It actually works really well, I think with a couple of adjustments and smoother play it would definitely be possible to no-leak.

Critique on my play would be welcomed, and I hope to see an improvement soon :D

http://rapidshare.com/files/91341028/eletd1.w3g.html

1. Fenneth 54:54

Guest Fenneth
Same replay as the one posted in the ronald count thread.

Last child dies at 39:50

8 lives lost. 378 Ronalds.

Very nice, although I'm sure you'll agree that it could be improved. Bloody mechanical levels, eh :(

Guest hitokiri99

http://rapidshare.com/files/97750521/35 ... me.w3g.htm

35:30

I wouldn't say the build is entirely original , but a few changes compared to stoic's replay.

1)first 6 elements sequence is F,L,N,D,E,W followed by D,E,W,F,N

2)muck and roots are placed slightly lower to cover for any leaks

3)quakes and zealots sold on 52 to enjoy periodic asap

reason for 1) is to get roots to counter earth at 30(as nova is weak against earth) . I also picked F at 50 , as I felt the pure would benefit more from more -armor rather than upgrading roots to thorns. Also , I didn't bother with enchants as I'm not fond of casting -armor one by one.

Also, some leaks on 37 and 45 could've been covered by some earlier arrow placements which could've saved me a minute or two. Leaks on 30 and 50 ,I think , are totally unavoidable, though i've yet to test it out.

Sign in to follow this