EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest kingselite

Tower fix

Guest kingselite

i like 4.0 its pretty well done but there are still a series of problems. one of the problems i seem to have come across is tower builds. i know it may seem well that all the towers mix and work together but there is no "tower builds" for instance many of us play on random. what happens when we only get certain elementals that don't give us access to all the towers. well that is what we would call getting screwed. but, those elements can give you access to certain builds but those builds are useless in version since all the towers have been rescaled and changed.

i'll give a small example from my gameplay. while playing random. i happened to get water and fire. awesome for an aoe tower. i then proceeded to get light and nature which gave me nova towers. (nova's need to be scaled up more, you made them too crappy at least make them 20% slow speed) so when i combined those, i had an effective slowing and blasting build. here was the problem. i started to get the level 2 and 3 of all those. so i could only effectively keep upgrading what i had. for some reason that worked well almost all waves but didn't do anything to the level 2 and 3 elementals. it also proceeded to get worse. i hit around wave 40-45 they just became too strong and ran past my towers.

this is puzzling, either the waves and level 2/3 elements are too strong or you scaled the towers incorrectly. effectively slow towers are the key to win but the slowing towers in this version are not very good.

my suggestion. go back to 3.0 and tweak from there. redoing most of the towers was more or less a waste of time. certain towers were fine the way they were. the only thing you needed to do was tweak the weaker towers and 3.0 would have been perfect.

first, i would like to say break out of the 3.0 mindset. 4.0 can be considered a different game and what works in 3.0 might not work now, for example the old lwfd which there is no close equivalent in 4.0. Gone are the days of imbalanced builds and towers.

the 15% slow speed for all 4 aoe slow triples (roots,nova,muck and windstorm) is a deliberate decision. you'll need 2 of the aoe slowers to get max slow.

also, random mode means making the best out of the set that you were given. there is no set build in random, otherwise why call random?? in most games, not all elements/towers would be available. Experiment with all the towers first, finding out what works and what doesn't.

about the waves/elementals being too strong, it's part of the game. if you find difficulty clearing the waves, try lowering the difficulty. 4.0's VH is designed to challenge even the more experienced players.

Hmmm... let me see,

W+F+L+N

... hmm

Nova, Windstorm, Impulse, Tidal as triples,

Well, Electricity and Flame as duals,

yeah that build absolutely sucks, Im going to stop playing 4.0 right away.

For instance, almost all builds of 4.0 are/will be playable if you know how that is, in 3.0 you can really get screwed up with the wrong elements.

Secondly, you don't need all the towers to beat the game.

Next point, elementals are now affected by all efects like slow, ..., like normal creeps and their strength depends on the wave they are summoned, almost every build offers you something handy to face them.

Not to forget, slow is not the only key to win.

And finally, its not like the towers are the only thing that has changed since 3.0, and it is not like puzzling around, its like getting rewarded if you know how to play. Its the oposite of taking all weak towers, buffing them up, and leaving all players without challenges because there is no strategical reason to know how to play.

kingselite, don't give up just because slow has been nerfed, take the same build LWFN and try again, specially watch were you post your towers, and maybe you find out a few interesting things, you wont regret, I promise.

Guest ma23

the lvl 2 and 3 elementals, when summoned at reasonable times, can only be killed by planning ahead. something that cant be done in random. in my general builds, i dont use ice and flame since they are single target. but against an elemental, 1000 gold is nothing compared to how much more damage that can be done.

to beat this game on vhard, it takes more than just building all the 'strong' towers. it depends on building the right towers in the right places with the appropriate towers that it supports or supports it.

the team with the best players cant beat the best team.

Sign in to follow this