EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Tower Ability Wishlist

Guest Silfarion
I've got an idea.

Discharge Tower / Surge Tower / Overload Tower

With each attack on a single target, the attack speed of the tower increases by 5%/10%/15%. When the tower switches targets, it loses 50% of the bonus. When the tower gets a last hit on an enemy, there is a discharge that does damage to enemies around it.

but wouldn't that get too much overkill? like for example on a very hard levels (ronald, as example) it will do crazy overkill. Each attack increase AS by 5%/10%/15% is crazy, even zealot the fastest tower in the game is only 4% per hit, and every time the creep dies, that will explode (same as effect of the napalm skill). Even if the speed will be reduced to 50%, it will go on with almost no limit (and according to you the counter can't reset unless you do a crazy micro), so it will do a crazy overkill.

Hey, interesting! a shortrange singletarget the works best on Longpass! and works best later in the game and many at low levels. I'm not sure wether I like that it gets out most power if the creeps are too strong for the tower to kill. I'd say the increase damage is too close to zealout though and the splash damage I don't see the reason to combine splash and st. oh, and the tower sucks on mech btw.

Guest Void

I know when people only remark on how imbalanced the numbers are that they have found no flaws in my concept. 'tis good. Anyways, anything can be balanced, and as a terrainer and graphics artist I am certainly not the best one for the job.

no, everything can not be balanced the way we want it, for example we don't want any stuns at all, not even if we are allowed to nerf them down any amount of secs we want, except if we may nerf them to 0 sec stun :D

I know when people only remark on how imbalanced the numbers are that they have found no flaws in my concept. 'tis good.
If you want more feedback, do post in a different thread, cause this is what the thread's first post sais:
The rules of this thread are simple, only post tower ability ideas. Do not respond to other posts, I want this thread to essentially be a list of potential ideas (so it is easy to look through). If you need to really discuss something, make a new topic on it.

But as i think some actually want to know if their towers work or not, incase they didn't know that this thread was a non-discussion thread, i sometimes responded anyway :roll: A serious idea you want feedback on? open a new thread :)

Guest Void

Everyone replies to suggestions in this thread. That one rule kinda... disappeared :mrgreen:

Guest Sancdar
I know when people only remark on how imbalanced the numbers are that they have found no flaws in my concept. 'tis good. Anyways, anything can be balanced, and as a terrainer and graphics artist I am certainly not the best one for the job.

Except for the comments that the static/surge/discharge/whatnot tower is a combination of zealot and flamethrower...

The other issue is that your tower idea actively discourages micro to retain efficiency.

Guest Silfarion

Hey, how about a dimensional tower? so it is a tower that at the first shot, it has chance (let's say about 25%) to attack the target AND summon another shot from another dimension to strike it again, and then the chance halves again, so it becomes 12.5, and if it succeeds again then half again (become 6.25) and so on, and if it manages to hit it 5 times it can't continue.

Guest Sancdar

So it's a tower with a variable effect critical strike basically, right?

I think, in order to make the game less random, crit strikes are frowned upon. Although drowning is still in the game so i don't know.

Guest Silfarion
So it's a tower with a variable effect critical strike basically, right?

I think, in order to make the game less random, crit strikes are frowned upon. Although drowning is still in the game so i don't know.

Yeah, i guess it is sort of critical, but i think (if you guys will actually add this tower, that is) you can make it's damage lower at each 'dimensional' hits.

Guest Void

How about a tower that teleports creeps to the back of the line? It wouldn't be able to do it a lot, just maybe one per minute or so. The only problem would be if someone massed these towers.

towers that move the creeps are considered Support towers. Are you suggesting this as one of the support towers or nothing special in mind? :) Problem is, it can give infinite support by building more and more of it.

We allready have allmost that, it's the flame tower. And it burns burns burns... :)

Guest Silfarion

How about percentage/fraction/denominator tower? The attack damage of the tower changes depending on the current hp of the target.

most creep hp %-based damage towers are difficult to balance as damage based on creep hp would be pretty imbalanced on difficult waves and ronald.. drowning is probably as far as it goes..

although we did have a variation of that concept and it pretty much failed (old death tower).

How about percentage/fraction/denominator tower? The attack damage of the tower changes depending on the current hp of the target.

Percent based damage is impossible to ballance in tower defense like Element TD.

It will be too strong in the beginning and too weak at the end.

nono, he sais it should deal more damage the more % creep health has, not the more health it has. so 100% health left, perhaps 1000 damage. 10% left perhaps 100 damage. (or the otehr way around but if so with a cap).

and we had that before and I suggested it implemented again with both types, more dmg when mroe hp and more dmg when less hp, but it doesn't seem all were agreed it's a neat concept.

I dunno, most other towers we have are nice too^^

Actually I don't really understand wy we axed death tower, I mean it could be balanced as long as the damage wasn't % dealt.

And I think -most- agree that it was a kind of cool tower.

Guest DevouringOne

what about a tower that have about 700dmg(splash) lv1/2200/5000 and have this ability - sacrifice a tower this tower will get 1.75x this tower hp and a max bonus dmg of 10000(lv1) 25000(lv 2) 50000(lv3)?

If you sacrifice a pure tower this tower will get 2.25x pure hp and bonus Attack Speed but you will still have one essence used, also the bonus dmg added wont count in these 50000max. Maximum one pure can be sacrificed. What do you think? Why sell when you can sacrifice? ;) You won't recieve any gold of course :)

Guest NinoDoko

hey thats a really good idea!

instead of eating creeps, he eats towers :D

Guest randomize

[ sorry for my bad English... ]

Rock(And)Roll tower:

this tower can hurl an rock, or summon one btw, and these rock can roll in the face of the creeps.the rock can pick one or more creeps and get back 2sec or more in a line. i know, is very similar to Jinx tower, and produce stun-like effect and mass build can make dis-balanced playing.

the second tower-idea is a tower like Forgotten One in wc3tft champaign,i know these model is already in game but this tower can summon 4 or more amplified-darkness-like tower around the creeps path. these summons also can damage the creeps.

another my 'weird' idea is the DNA-splitting tower: this tower can the actually running creep split into previous defeated wave creep form. i know, with these tower can easy cheating, because if we using life towers too,we can harvest many live points easily.

the another concept is the Tower-Replacer. With this can the towers moving around the map.

Guest Sancdar
[Rock(And)Roll tower

I think you've got the reasoning against this one already.

the second tower-idea is a tower like Forgotten One in wc3tft champaign,i know these model is already in game but this tower can summon 4 or more amplified-darkness-like tower around the creeps path. these summons also can damage the creeps.

Isn't this basically the Oblivion tower?

another my 'weird' idea is the DNA-splitting tower: this tower can the actually running creep split into previous defeated wave creep form. i know, with these tower can easy cheating, because if we using life towers too,we can harvest many live points easily.

This is an interesting idea, like any that let you change up abilities or elemental defense types. Would it be able to do damage? Would it be effective with just a few? Could you turn it off, or would you basically be permanently half a wave in the past? There are a lot of things to consider.

the another concept is the Tower-Replacer. With this can the towers moving around the map.

There's a tower that moves around the map already. Also, on random, a tower that could move other towers is nearly useless.

Guest randomize

[ sorry for my bad, and funny english ]

ok. just for the DNA-Splitting (, the others seems like is out-kicked, i don't think through it sufficiently...) :

DNA-Splitting: had 2 level, also this is 3 elemental tower: W+L+N or D+L+N or smtg.

this tower can basically attack like other tower 2x+prise: lvl1: 3000dmg,fast like hydro tower.

to the effect muss have the tower manna, like Magic towers too,but there are risk:

there are 30% chance to disassemble the current waves creep DNA: one 15 lvl creep transformed to two 14 lvl creeps these two creeps have same hp% like the creep who will be transformed.

and there are 30% to duplicate the current creep, and these two creep have summary more hp than the original.

or 40% to nothing happen.

the example:

there are one happy running creep, have 80% life and the DNA Splitting level ONE tower hit him and the Fortune stand by us, he comes apart two early creep that have same, 80% hp, or on level SECOND have just 40%, or simply the life points shared from these two creeps.

i hope these effect can easily understand by you.

these numbers can naturally changed for ballance

Sign in to follow this