EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest diab

(4.0 beta) Electricity towers

Guest diab

Hi all,

It's my opinion that electricity towers need a little beating with the nerf stick.

I usually play on allrandom, hard, and competitive mode. Once someone gets electricity towers, then that person is already set with massing electricity towers until the mid-30 lvls. Other towers of the same value don't have the same bang for their buck as electricity towers do.

Prolly a decrease in their damage or amount of lightning bounces is in order?

Guest AlienFromBeyond

Or you could play on Very Hard. Or Extreme.

I think he's comparing electricity to other towers/other duals. that it owns other duals, not that it owns (veryeasy-) creeps.

Many people told me that gunpowder is the best dual. Ice is cool too, if I use 2 of them. Or quark, if I can muster the insane micro. Kindle owns like steam did.

Guest diab
Or you could play on Very Hard. Or Extreme.

That is besides the point, I'm just stating what I see with Electricity towers compared to other towers on the same tier. They provide a lot more bang for their buck in 4.0 than other towers on the same tier.

I like to see people using a variety of towers, but with 4.0 Electricity towers you can simply mass them and not worry about having to use other towers until the mid-30s.

Guest AlienFromBeyond

Aye, Kindle and Gunpowder are both quite strong. And the buff towers are dual as well, and those get better as the things they buff get better.

Guest Sancdar

Kindle is silly because there's no future in it. The upper level versions are substantially worse than other towers you could be getting with a reasonable pick of elements.

Guest markone

Well one thing is for sure, Electricity Own in comparing to Poison Tower.... really own

500 dmg 3 jumps 10%more damage VS poison 350 damage in line,....

Guest ma23

as the dual towers go, i say gunpowder and electricity produce the best damage. poison and quark(if you like to micro) are a bit below that.

ice and flame are great against bosses, but thats mostly it.

it depends on placement and builds as well.. electricity can only hit maximum of 4 targets. poison tower can hit much more than 4 with aoe slowing in play.

most of the towers are quite balanced (i would say) so it really depends on the setup. the 'best damage' tower might not always the best all the time.

well said holepercent. But that doesn't mean there aren't any under-/overpowered towers. and imo it's good if most 3-combined element makes at least one dual that works in early gmae, for things like extreme mode.

Guest inDe_eD
Well one thing is for sure, Electricity Own in comparing to Poison Tower.... really own

500 dmg 3 jumps 10%more damage VS poison 350 damage in line,....

You've just proven yourself wrong...three jumps @ 500 dmg? If i place my poison tower at two pass 4 then it shoots straight up in a line at hits like 10 creeps.

Try to beat my replay with poison. You will find that poison can't solo as effectively as eletricity or kindle. I tried it. :)

The problem is that poisons attack is pretty random and tends to oversee some creeps that are in its attacking line, poison isnt much weaker then electricity but if you face a mech wave you should sell all your poison towers right away to build something else. Still a good tower to save early some cash if you dont mind to catch a few leaks. My favorite position for poison is the right side of Numpad 4.

How about using a hydro tower? Quite doubtful though

I've tried too, poison is a no-go tower to solo on early wave

Guest inDe_eD
How about using a hydro tower? Quite doubtful though

I've tried too, poison is a no-go tower to solo on early wave

Hydro is actually a beauty if it procs enough, if the whole wave goes by and u maybe sprout one creep then you just wasted money on a weak arrow towr

Guest Sancdar

I think Poison would be stronger than Kindle when built properly if it didn't skip creeps.

Sign in to follow this