=======some screenshots of v4.0 public beta=======

22_56832_4368fbc679cb5f9.jpg

22_56832_d3ddf3fdac5af37.jpg

22_56832_2acda06300a258d.jpg

22_56832_484d0b5b7c1396a.jpg

22_56832_65a1b5b43e269fe.jpg

22_56832_b2009f9299e8419.jpg

22_56832_b49ea47eac3e3de.jpg

Oh. :shock: Do I get this right, karawasa really allowed this?

If so (and I assume he did) this is a great job. :)

Yes, Vinxu asked me if he could translate the map. I gave him authorization to do so, and I am glad I did it. Kudos to Vinxu for taking his time to help the Chinese community.

Seems suspicious, seeing as Karawasa never mentioned such a thing.

The only thing I noticed is that "Nature" can't translate well.

Read above, he did ask me for permission beforehand.

yep, the green part is where he credited himself, not an explanation about nature.

Sometimes I just forget the range of our work and thinking that somebody at the other face of earth is enjoying the game makes me all excited. It's just amazing if you think about it.

Great job vinxu, thanks for your contribution and for sharing it. Kudos.

(then I maybe move from time to time to the chineese server for a gg :D , as soon as I learn chineese that is)

Karawasa: Well sorry I missed your comment by 2 minutes...

As a general topic, there's no way to prove that a map is "official".

And I do reaffirm that Nature doesn't translate quite well.

Karawasa: Well sorry I missed your comment by 2 minutes...

As a general topic, there's no way to prove that a map is "official".

No worries, I was thinking that was the case.

As for the general topic, I agree that there is no way to prove that a map is official short of having the author himself say it is. That is the way it should be though.

Had MrChak not been apart of the development of 3.0 (and now 4.0) I could not have claimed these to be official versions. I had his blessing (both directly and indirectly, being that 2.0 was open source) but in my opinion that does not constitute enough to make it "official." Why?

With only his permission to edit the map, I could have changed it to something that he did not approve of (or want to play). In such a scenario, I would say a map is not official because it does not stay true to the vision of the creator. This is a crucial point in my opinion, and that is why I took great satisfaction when MrChak not only approved of 3.0, but also ended up playing it for his own ETD needs.

This point is more important than ever with 4.0. With 3.0 it was fairly easy, I was just aiming to polish the game more (although there was some new content). With 4.0 however, I've gone way beyond simply polish, I've attempted (and hopefully am succeeding) to take the game to a new level. MrChak has been involved throughout the process of developing 4.0. This has not only proved invaluable for the contributions alone, but also because it helps ensure that the game stays true to its nature.

Guest vinxu

I couldn't translate quite well?

Maybe you can be translator at next version, or you could tell me which words you choose has better translation, and I will change it in next time.

I think echinodermata meant

that "Nature" is hard to translate accurately as a concept, rather than the fact that it is wrong in your translation vinxu.

I think thats pretty normal, I work sometimes as translator and it is sometimes very tricky to translate something without having it lose part of its sense, some things just do not have a word in certain languages.

Guest vinxu
that "Nature" is hard to translate accurately as a concept, rather than the fact that it is wrong in your translation vinxu.

well, I will use "木(wood)" instead of "自然(nature)" in next translated version.

Guest Spydurr

So, question for y'all:

Is there anything I can do to allow my WC3 to display these characters in game?

I often play in TW/CN rooms - it is where I find the best tower defense - but, I cannot read nor even *see* these characters in-game. The captions show up as either numbers (best case), or just completely blank regions...

I'd like for these characters to at least display...do I need a different version of the game? Is there a patch I can use? I've not had any luck...

Anyway, if anyone here can please share any suggestions, it'd be *quite* appreciated - screens like those in the OP's shots are what I'm hoping for, but now I'd just have " (1)", for example, in the mode select screens...

G

Guest vinxu
So, question for y'all:

Is there anything I can do to allow my WC3 to display these characters in game?

I often play in TW/CN rooms - it is where I find the best tower defense - but, I cannot read nor even *see* these characters in-game. The captions show up as either numbers (best case), or just completely blank regions...

you need Chinese Fonts to display those characters.

you could download it from badongo or GG-Game

and use MPQ-software replace fonts in war3patch.mpq

ex:

MPQ2K d war3patch.mpq fonts\dffn_b31.ttf
MPQ2K d war3patch.mpq fonts\frizqt__.ttf
mpq2k f war3patch.mpq
mpq2k a war3patch.mpq NEW.TTF fonts\frizqt__.ttf /c
mpq2k a war3patch.mpq NEW.TTF fonts\dffn_b31.ttf /c

then you will see those characters.

Guest Sancdar

I thought changing to chinese under Gameplay Options from the main menu would take care of this kind of thing. I've never tried it though.

Guest Evans

Is there anything I can do to help translate the map in my language (Greek)? I don't know even if the language is supported by the game though, so pretty much a long-shot here.. :?

You should pm Karawasa about that matter, he may autorize you to translate it and create a greek version.

Sign in to follow this